lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
rxp-rider
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 4 Ga. Wires

I Am Replacing My Batteries Soon And Was Wondering If I Should Replace The Cables W/4 Ga.i Have A 1998 Ezgo W/2006 Trojans.i Local Dealer Has New Powertron Batteries W/18 Month Warranty For $495.00 Installed.my Cart Has A 4 Hp Motor As Far As I Know Everything Is Stock.will The 4 Ga. Wires Help?
rxp-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
hawghunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 4 Ga. Wires

I just upgraded to 4ga cables with a set from Powder Performance store on eBay. The set was 83.95 plus 11.00 S&H. That was a great deal compared to others that I found. The set fit great and made the upgrade very simple. Shipping and communication was great. Good luck.
hawghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just did and from all the research and opinions on this site you would be a fool to not upgrade ALL the cables to 4g if you are spending your money on new batts. No sense in replacing with all new batts if your cables don't supply them. I would do some searches on battery brands/names if you plan to keep the cart as well.
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawghunter View Post
I just upgraded to 4ga cables with a set from Powder Performance store on eBay. The set was 83.95 plus 11.00 S&H. That was a great deal compared to others that I found. The set fit great and made the upgrade very simple. Shipping and communication was great. Good luck.
I know there are a couple of vendors on this site that offer a deal very close to that as well. EastCoastCustomCarts has a set for $99 and free shipping. But even more important is the type of cable and lugs you received with your set. Do you know if they're copper or aluminum cables? What is the wire strand count of your 4 gauge and type of lugs that came with them?

Thanks
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
98 SNAKE EATER
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxp-rider View Post
my Cart Has A 4 Hp Motor As Far As I Know Everything Is Stock.will The 4 Ga. Wires Help?

The bigger the better, however, on a stock cart, you shouldn't notice any difference (providing the original cables are in good shape to begin with).

I made my own using 2Ga. tin shielded welding cable and gold plated terminals throughout
98 SNAKE EATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Good point on the quality of new cables and lugs ! I will offer MY opinion once again(which is rookie), as long as I get the projected 5-6 years out of new batts maintained and treated properly, they will fitted with new QUALITY cables each time.
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO