lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart is weak when in reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Well.....wabbit ?
Smart alec.....

Cinder, I screwed up..... Sorry bro, I was typing too fast for my own good. I need you to redo that test only I need you to clip the red probe to the B+ on the controller and the black probe to the M-. run the same voltage tests for me please.

What I actually find somewhat odd is that with the probes hooked the way I told you to in the previous post, you shouldn't have gotten ANY readings......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

OK I will give it a try tomorrow and see what I get.
cinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Today I ran the meter with red on B+ and the black on M- and got the following readings. With the cart sitting it read 0.0 volts, when in forward and pressing the accelerator it read 31.0 Volts and held there. When in reverse and pressing the accelerator it read 15.3 volts and held there. I did look at how I had it set before when you said it should not have a reading and I did have it the way you told me. Not sure if that means anything seeing as how you said it should read nothing. Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well the way I had you set it befor was basically like having hooked both wired to the B-, no reading should have been present.

under the correct hook-up, at full pedal down, you should have been reading full pack voltage in forward and half pack voltage in reverse. I believe you are using an alltrax controller, have you checked the programming on the controller? It may be set to 70 or 80% output. If it's not set to that then I am going to suspect that the controller has failed/is failing.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
cinder
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, I will hook it up to the computer and see what it is set at. That reading was after a full charge. Thanks
Old 07-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #16
Tazman00
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Cinder,
I installed an Alltrax 4844, 4ga wires, PQ motor and had the same problem. I just installed a heavy duty FnR switch(you didn't mention if you have a heavy duty one installed)

when I pulled the B cable off of my old switch the lug came off with it. I replaced the lug and installed the new switch and my problem was solved!

I'm not sure if it was the old switch or the loose lug, probably a combination of both. So you might want to give your cables a firm tug to make sure all your lugs are tight.
Tazman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO