lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

Default flipping axle

someone on here told me I could flip the axle on my 96 electric TXT. another words put the axle under the leafs. I dont see how this would work without putting the motor below the axle. plus the mounting plates are on the bottom of the axle. and the shock plates would be further away. what is the process of performing this task.
ohmar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: flipping axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmar99 View Post
someone on here told me I could flip the axle on my 96 electric TXT. another words put the axle under the leafs. I dont see how this would work without putting the motor below the axle. plus the mounting plates are on the bottom of the axle. and the shock plates would be further away. what is the process of performing this task.
I'm not a sparky guy but this is a fairly simple process on a gasser,you need 4 u-bolts with nuts & washers (long enough to go around the axle and through the shock plate) & spring perches like used on trailer axles then relocate the shock plate to the top of the springs;bolt it up and you have it lifted,you may also have to swap sides with your brake backing plates to make your cables long enoughThis is how I done my gas workhorse but I think it would be the same for your sparky,I'm sure somebody else will be along shortly.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Look for the rear lift kits on our sponsor's web sites. All the parts (U-bolts, brackets, nuts etc.) you need are included in most kits and work great! If you need any assistance, you'll find lots of it here.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You aren't really "flipping" the axle, just mounting it below the springs vs above. The kit I bought from Jake's uses the stock shock mounted to a custom plate that keeps everything in the right place. Some kits use shock extenders to get the same results allowing use of the stock shocks.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

OK thanks, That makes more sense
Old 07-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Here you go ohmar, this is the final look of what it would look like.

LH

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
ohmar99
gettin wilder with age

E-Z-GO

I see thanks so I need the spacers, the shock plate and the U bolts. BTW how many inch lift is that because I was told I needed at least 5 for the 23 inch tires
Old 07-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

This lift was 6", it was a Jakes spindle lift, and yes those were 23" tires on 12" rims.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO