lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #21
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Biggest Bang for Buck

sm, i bought my batts from sams at about 70 each. now you will get some arguments on here, pro and con. as for cables check with sponsors listed above and buy a complete set- i think about 7 or so. just tell them what you have and will fix you up. this alone will a seat of the pants diff.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

I also have Sams Club batteries in my cart. The key is battery maintance. The seat comes of for a reason
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #23
sm-outlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck View Post
I also have Sams Club batteries in my cart. The key is battery maintance. The seat comes of for a reason
But I only have a costco membership
Has anyone tried Batteries plus? http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...ectric)/1.aspx
sm-outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #24
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sm, go to sams at the intersection of mopac and 290 (take the brodie turn off). when you sign up for a card they will charge you $40. and rebate$40 dollars on a purchase of $100 or more. it is located between specs liquor and best buy.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #25
sm-outlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm-outlaw View Post
But I only have a costco membership
Has anyone tried Batteries plus? http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...ectric)/1.aspx
Batteries Plus' best option for 6v were $99/ea .
Sams Club 6v - $66.87/ea .

I think I'll go w/ getting a Sams card.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #26
cm5217
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You can go with 400 or 500 amps depending upon your needs. Most people are fine with 400a. You can use Alltrax, Curtis, GE, or LGS. Ther are few others out there, too. You can buy 2g or 4g cable sets or make your own. There are still a lot of variables. I have some controller & solenoid combos on my web site. You can contact me for more info.

Check out all the great BGW sponsors here;
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
can you run a 500 amp controller with the stock motor? I have a 36v EZGO PDS 2009. want to do upgrades wanted to start with controller then motor and 48v.
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes you can use a 500a controller with the stock motor as an intermediate step to upgrading to 48v. The stock motor will eventually burn out if allowed to draw that many amps continuously. Best to turn the controller down to 75% output which is 400a and Turn it back up when you get an aftermarket motor. I assume those are your plans?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #28
cm5217
Not Yet Wild

Yes that is my plan just wanted too do it slowly as too not spend too much at one time that said is a 500amp really worth the difference in price compared to the 400amp i am not wanting to drag race or pull wheelies just want about 20 mph and be able to haul 4 people up hills so do i need the 500 or can i get all that with a 400 and after market motor?
cm5217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #29
sm-outlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Biggest Bang for Buck

Update.
Progress in progress... I finally got the terminal ends for the welding cable. After going to 10+ different stores, driving all over town (including several pepboys locations, autozone, advanced autoparts, 2 industrial electric suppliers, home depot, lowes, walmart, west marine...) and each place only having one or two 4g terminal ends in stock for $5-$6; I finally decided go the online route and save some $, headache, gas, time. I'm convinced, Online is the only way to go for these in bulk.
I first replaced the one cable that melted as well as the two batteries that melted, and drove around a little. Well, I have to say that I now understand the need for 4g cable. After driving around for a few miles I checked the cables. The old 6g cables were all too hot to touch, but the one 4g cable was cool as a cucumber. I cant wait to change the rest and install the new controller (AXE 400 amp). I'll post some pics/video when it's done.

Is there an HD solenoid that I can get that will work for 36v and 48v? Or do I need to buy an HD 36v Solenoid for now (in order to install my new controller) then replace it in a month when I go to 48v? Or can I use the stock solenoid w/ new controller until I go to 48v? If not, i'll probably just wait and do the controller and 48v at the same time.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #30
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are ways to use a 36V solenoid with a 48V setup, just takes some creative wiring.

As for the lug ends, next time, shoot me a PM lol........

Definately upgrade to the HD solenoid when you do the controller......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO