lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
817michaelj
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Need help with TXT upgrade

Hello, my name is Michael from Fort Worth. I have a 1996 TXT series 36 volt cart that i am trying to do some up grades on. I have a new set of T-105 batteries, have put 4ga cables on the batteries only, have installed a heavy duty F-R switch and just bought a 400 amp solenoid for it. At this time it still has the stock controler and the stock fleet speed motor. Next month i wanted to install a new 400 amp controler. My question is, can i go ahead and install the new solenoid now with out hurting the old controler or motor and do i need to up grade the diode and res.. I use this cart for playing golf and am tried of being the last one going down the fairway..haha. I would be really thankful for any information i can get. I tried to research this before asking and it got confusing. OH, this is my first time here on this site, but i have been reading a lot of the threads and learned more in 30 minutes here than three days looking on the internet. I thank everyone for that. Maybe some day i can help some one on here too.
817michaelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help with TXT upgrade

yes. I'm doing the same thing but A LOT s l o w e r than you are. Can't afford it all at once.

oh and post pics!

Last edited by ohwhofarted; 09-23-2010 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: WHEEEEEEE!
ohwhofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I would not install the new solenoid until you have the newer controller. Installing the other solenoid may allow too much at the stock controller and cause damage. I could be wrong, but maybe someone else will chime in on this one, I would wait..
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
817michaelj
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats what i was afraid of. I guess it would be best to wait seeing as this sol. cost $96.00. I am having to save up a little more before i get the controler. Oh well at least i have the solenoid. thanks for the information
817michaelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

I would have to agree with LostHusker. If the controller cannot handle the amperage that the solenoid has that is usually not so good. Welcome to BGW!
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The new solenoid will be fine. The CONTROLLER limits the amperage delivered to the motor, the solenoid is merely an electronic switch between the pack and the controller. The 400a rating of the solenoid is the duty rating of the contacts that pass the current. Go ahead and install it, and use the old diode and resistor as long as the voltage stays at 36v. Make sure the diode is facing the same way as it was before.

Also, you need to finish with the 4g cable upgrade to include the cables from the solenoid, F/R assembly, controller, and motor, or you will not realize any gains from your effort.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO