lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question Add a leaf or new HD springs on the front?

Hey guys. I’m kind of looking for some firsthand experience here. I’m sure someone else has run into the same problem so any firsthand knowledge would be appreciated. I’m almost done building my cart and took it for a little test drive. I did a little trip to feel for what the cart had and of course, I had to see what this bad boy would do. At a standstill, I stomped the throttle and the cart almost flipped over backwards! There was me and a friend in the cart with about 500 LBS of fat between us. When the cart’s front end came down, it hit hard. I figured the front leaf springs were a little worn but they didn’t have a chance. I ended up bending the shock mount and braking one shock . I’m going to replace the shocks with HD any way but I need a little help on the springs.

Question:

Do I just spend the money and get new HD springs for the front? Or, has anybody installed an extra leaf on the front and it helped? I put HD springs in the rear and those things are STIFF. I didn’t even need my shocks afterwards. I would like to have a little flex in the front to provide somewhat of a decent ride but I definitely need some more support! Thanks in advance and any past experience advice and it will be greatly appreciated.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Add a leaf or new HD springs on the front?

So, you finally got the controller in?
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, finally. Only took 2 months from the day I ordered it . But…..that’s a whole other story. I will say that it does perform VERY well, I just pray I never have any problems out of it.

Did you ever get a sparky?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Yep. Got a 06 TXT Series cart Friday for $1500. Cart is in very good shape. I've got to gather some more funds for the fun to begin. I already ordered the in dash voltage meter from Scottyb. It's got 06 trojans in it, and I don't know how long they're gonna last. I want to be able to monitor them closely without having to carry my meter around. Sorry, I can't help with the front end stuff. Still learning myself.
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh well, I did a little investigating and I don’t think you can add the extra leaf on the front springs. From what I can tell, they are made for just the back. I guess its HD front springs for me.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i have put two sets of springs together b4 two short then the two longer ones rode good not as stiff as you would think just had to buy longer mounting bolts
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO