lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
launchpad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default workhorse will not turn over

Hey folks. I am looking for some help getting an workhorse project off the ground. It is a 99 workhorse with the 350 robin engine. My issue is the cart will not turn over to start. I have connected cables to the starter and turned it over fine. I started tracking the down the voltage and it ends at the solinoid. When the gas pedal is depressed I get voltage from the key switch to the solinoid but the starter side of the solinoid does not get hot. I replaced the solinoid and the condition is the same. Is there a place to view an ignition schematic? Thanks for any advice as I am new to carts.
launchpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
Brother Texan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: workhorse will not turn over

Does the solenoid make a noise. If it does not then check the ground or negative side of the solenoid secondary cuircut. If there is no ground wire, the solenoid could be ground to itself and then to the frame. Use ohm meter to check continuity from negative post on battery to base of solenoid or opposite post from microswitch power wire. Should be very low ohms. If it is making a noise when energized, then disconnect the large primary wire from battery and ohm across large terminals. When pedal is depressed you should get the clicking noise and the ohm reading should go low, showing a connection. I'll bet on a bad or dirty ground.
Brother Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
launchpad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: workhorse will not turn over

Bingo! It was a ground issue. the support bracket has rusted away not allowing a good ground. I was able to put a jumper on what is left of the bracket and was able to turn it over and get spark. next task clean up fuel system and get a pop. Thank You!!!!!!!
launchpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO