lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
wdw140
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1st time marathon owner

have been told can't ride 2 stroke cart for long distance like 4 stroke because they run hotter.is that correct,or some people just don't know.i know you can ride 2 stroke motor cycles a long time.
wdw140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1st time marathon owner

WELCOMEdon't know where their info but my granddaughter puts mine to the test. I mean riding it for hours and most of the time she thinks shes racing so it's wide open. Just make sure you have the proper mix we use 128:1 1oz of oil per gallon of gas. We remove the oil injection pump and pre mix our fuel so we know we have the proper oil mixture and your good to go. Stand by others will chime in.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Definitely unhook the pump and pre-mix.If you unhook the govenor and run larger tires,Mix the fuel 1-1/2 oz. per gallon as to the standard 1oz/gal.(128:1)It doesn't smoke and will definitely extend the life of the motor.I've been doing this for 4yrs.on the same motor and it gets run hard at wide-open or close to it for long periods.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
kidsoncoffee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I grew up on 2 strokes of all kind in FL. Let er' rip, just make sure you don't block the air to the motor and you're good.
kidsoncoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO