lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Tie rod ends

I have a 93 gas cc does anyone know what tie rods are the same at the autoparts store. I don't think the clerk would be thrilled to sit and compare.
joemama16341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Tie rod ends

not to my knoledge. and at around 20 bucks a peice at a dealer or bgw sponsor, i would save the hassle and get them there!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I would think that if you meashured them and called the store, they might be able to get a match?
This assumes your going to use the same rod ends??

If not, you'd need the dia on the rod ends as well.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

if you go to the auto store, not to endorse or not endorse anyone, just get the good stuff! go to a major store that deal with large trucks, farm tractors, cars and such, they have the books to find what you need, or they will call moog for help. they will basicly need treading left or right, length, shaft size, taperd or not, or rip them off and mark them which end they came off and a good measurement so you can put them back on your rack easier, and have them order or see what they can do.

just rember ther are inner tie rods on your rack too, and you may have a lot of slop in your rack and not need the tie rods, but a rack adjustment. or even find out yo have a brken shock mount(its the tower looking thing that holds your rack and uper shocks!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I would think that if you meashured them and called the store, they might be able to get a match?
This assumes your going to use the same rod ends??

If not, you'd need the dia on the rod ends as well.
I have to disagree Ess unless you have a good repore with some "seasoned" parts guys,
It used to be you could go in to a parts store and a counter person could look at your part or look in a book and take the time to help fix you up.
Now you have counter help that can't tell you what oil filter fits a SB Chevy without a computer and can't help you with out a make, year, model, engine size, etc, etc.

And god forbid if their computer goes down!!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I have to disagree Ess unless you have a good repore with some "seasoned" parts guys,
It used to be you could go in to a parts store and a counter person could look at your part or look in a book and take the time to help fix you up.
Now you have counter help that can't tell you what oil filter fits a SB Chevy without a computer and can't help you with out a make, year, model, engine size, etc, etc.

And god forbid if their computer goes down!!!!
This is so true, i went to NAPA the other day to find some parts, and they couldn't find shet with out a part number, you use to be able to walk in a NAPA and tell the guy i need a part for a 80 chevy/or what ever and he would come out with the part, not no more, what a joke
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I guess I'm lucky then. We've got 2 with-in about 5-10 miles. Napa on one side, (old guy been around for years) generally will give ya a piece of paper to write your phone number on and will call you when he finds something.
There is a computer but he uses books.

The other one is a Bumper to Bumper with a father and son, the place is always filthy but they always seem to have something that works. Again, they always go to catalogs/books to look for parts........

I've never tried them for tie rods though.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I guess I'm lucky then. We've got 2 with-in about 5-10 miles. Napa on one side, (old guy been around for years) generally will give ya a piece of paper to write your phone number on and will call you when he finds something.
There is a computer but he uses books.

The other one is a Bumper to Bumper with a father and son, the place is always filthy but they always seem to have something that works. Again, they always go to catalogs/books to look for parts........

I've never tried them for tie rods though.
Man thats great ESS, it use to be like that around here NOT any more, it sucks to go to the auto parts store around here
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #9
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok there is three tie rod ends one off the steering arm to passenger side wheel and two that go from driver wheel to passenger wheel. Does anyone know if the one on the steering arm is left or right hand threads?
joemama16341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

looked at mine it it has 3 tie rods. the rack has 1 at the pass side, and then the tie rod arm has one at the pas side and one at the driver side.
https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...rchresults.htm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car