lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
hanny
Getting Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Bouncy Ride

couple of area's to gain/lose ride quality. 1. Springs 2. shocks 3. and i think could be you issue "TIRES". The sidewall of the tire is alot of your overall suspension so dry rotted, low profile or just cheap tires will hurt your comfort level. You can run as low as 10psi (or less ) if you on grass which is alot less then what the tire says to have in it.
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
dwk2infl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
couple of area's to gain/lose ride quality. 1. Springs 2. shocks 3. and i think could be you issue "TIRES". The sidewall of the tire is alot of your overall suspension so dry rotted, low profile or just cheap tires will hurt your comfort level. You can run as low as 10psi (or less ) if you on grass which is alot less then what the tire says to have in it.

Max psi stated is 30 and I'm currently running at 25...not too bad of a ride, just a consistent "knock." I don't run it on grass too much, mostly paved roads around the resort (hate the brick paver golf cart crossings)! I may sell these and pay a little extra for the DOT stamped rubber....also some new shocks and maybe remove a leaf from the HD springs???
dwk2infl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwk2infl View Post
Max psi stated is 30 and I'm currently running at 25...not too bad of a ride, just a consistent "knock." I don't run it on grass too much, mostly paved roads around the resort (hate the brick paver golf cart crossings)! I may sell these and pay a little extra for the DOT stamped rubber....also some new shocks and maybe remove a leaf from the HD springs???
Not sure but I questioned the correct tire pressure when I got my new tires. They also said 30psi max and I thought that was high so I inquired. They told me that 30psi is for mounting purposes only and that I should inflate them at 20-22psi.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Not sure but I questioned the correct tire pressure when I got my new tires. They also said 30psi max and I thought that was high so I inquired. They told me that 30psi is for mounting purposes only and that I should inflate them at 20-22psi.
i agree with ya, i run 8-10 in mine. golf course only and the ride is nice
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanny View Post
i agree with ya, i run 8-10 in mine. golf course only and the ride is nice
And just to note, the 30psi max is what is listed on the side of my tire and thats why I questioned it.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correct me if I am wrong, but can't improper tow cause a bounce condition? I read somewhere that it the tow is off it can cause a slight bounce effect.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
hunt4food
Gone Wild

Club Car

my cc with hd springs shakes my man boobs so bad I am going to get a hold of crammer for one of his bros!!!! (seinfield reference)
hunt4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4food View Post
I am going to get a hold of crammer for one of his bros!!!! (seinfield reference)
Manzier! Bro! Manzier!

Another thought, take a look at your suspension bushings. I had a heck of a clunk in my suspension, and found one of my spring bushings pretty much destroyed.
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bouncy ride, club car, rough ride
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car