lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #11
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 ezgo engine swap

I would think that by the time you go through all the aggravation in modding a 4 stroke to work you could either completely rebuild your 2 stroke or go find a used 4 stroke machine that you could fix up. Just my 2c :)
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #12
ruredy
Born Wild

It would be possible to make a motor driven reverse but.... to have the start/gen do that you would need to use 2 stroke F/R setup and clutches and have it spin fast enough to engage the clutches. (Not goin to happen)
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #13
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I agree with Ruredy....IMHO you ought to rebuild the 244. If you do it right it will give you many years of service.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #14
jimwalter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks all, rebuild's in progress encluding a 2 barrel racing carb and hand built manifold
jimwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #15
TACYOTA1981
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwalter View Post
any one out there know of any swaps that have been made with success? I have 2 of the old robin engine 244 cc 2 strokes and would like to go to a 4 stroke something.
i know of a few people that have converted to 16hp + engines ( briggs and hondas ) and also snow mobile motors , but when they do this they also have to change out the rear end to a rear end out of a 4 stroke golf cart in order to have reverse ..it worked out perty good for them.... If you want more infor i can get it for you ..also any intrest in selling the motors once you do your up grade ?
TACYOTA1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Don't hold your breath Tacyota, this thread is kind of old and Jim is probably long gone. Anyway welcome to the forum.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO