lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
NHRA_Racer
Not Yet Wild

Default Lift Kit for a G9- Pros/Cons?

What are the advantages to installing a lift kit? Looks? I would assume it would be helpful for an off-road cart as well.

I am considering a small lift kit (primarily for looks) but wanted to know if there were other advantages or disadvantages to doing so.

Thanks
NHRA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lift Kit for a G9- Pros/Cons?

Well I would say the number 1 pro of a lift kit would be allowing for bigger wheels/tires to be used. It also looks better in my opinion.
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A lift kit that allows taller tires lifts the entire cart assembly a bit. Some lift kits also raise the cart in excess of the tire lift. Either way gets you a bit more ground clearance. Lift kits also allow a wider wheel-base using offset wheels, a wider mounting point, or both for more stability.
Taller tires effectively give a little higher top speed, also.
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Typically it is so you can put larger tires on. Larger tire gears them up for more speed, but do take torque away that is why you see clutch kits for sale they help. Second thing is nicer ride and ability to drive over things like curbs and logs and rocks or whatever because of the larger tire. You can also get much more floatation with 10-12" wide atv tires and roll right over beaches or sandy trails. You get much more traction with an aggressive atv tire, just be careful what you get if you ride yards a lot they can make trails in them. Knobbies tend to be nicer to yards.

You do also get ground clearance, though I rarely use it. I have drove over RR tracks and telephone pole size trees just for fun. Of course they look much cooler. The higher lifts especially the long travel will ride much nicer offroad on rough ground. I don't like really high lifts because I ride trails and they are less stable at speed. Certainly get offset wheels to help stability you need it with a lift. I suppose if you don't go offroad much or don't go fast its not such a big deal, but I run my cart hard at times.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

A skid plate for the rear end is something to think about, too
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha