lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
dawson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 EZGO 36V, should i upgrade or sell

Hello, i am looking for feedback
I recently bought this Golf Cart and i am not excited about 9mph uphill and 14mph on the flat paved road with 2 adults and 2 kids. should i upgrade or sell?

1999 EZGO Series TXT
36 VOLT
6) US1800 XC2 Batteries August 2014
Alltrax NPX4834EZ
Stock F&R
6 gauge cables
No battery gauge
Stock motor
Tires 22x11-10 predator tires
Back seat

I spoke to Mr.ScottyB, that guy is really cool and informative. I would like some feedback from you folks if you have upgraded to his recomended package. Here is what he says will help me out.

"Most of the guys are using package #485. The 500 amp SPM control and 400 amp solenoid will allow the motor to access enough amperage to produce its maximum torque. #485 is on sale right now for $529. Use 2g cable kit #2 for $249 and HD F&R Switch number EZ575 for $169 and Digital battery meter and key switch plate for $69 to complete the upgrade.
This will give you a significant increase in torque or power. For additional speed you can run this cart on 48 V with this system to gain 33% more speed."

I plan to drive in the woods in south carolina hunting, around the house which has some decent hills. with usually 2 adults and kids.

Has anyone upgraded to this kit?
Do you notice a signifigant performance increase?

sorry for the lengthy post. thanks and have a great day!
dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO