lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Throttle
Not Yet Wild

Default Incomplete charge indicator

I have a Yamaha G19 48V.

All batteries are full, 2-3 years old and cables are secure. It takes a partial charge (probably the reason I'm getting Incomplete Charge), but has very little power up hill and in fact died last night heading in garage, after only be out for about 20 minutes. I have only owned it for about 5 months, so I'm not that familiar with repairs and previous work. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any one's assistance.
Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Incomplete charge indicator

So the charger is showing the incomplete charge light? Last time I had one do that it was a bad connection. After you charge it and run it again see if any of the battery cables are hot. Also double check the charger plug and receptacle as well as the cables.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The connections may be tight but the previous owner may not have cleaned them before putting them back on. Take them off ONE AT A TIME and clean the post and the cable with a wire brush.

I had a few G19E carts one time, and never had this exact problem. Once or twice the charger wouldn't start. I just wiggled the plug in the receptacle and it started right up and went from "Incomplete" to "80% Charge" to fully charged just fine.

I also recommend getting some sort of terminal protector too. Deka makes small rings that feel something like steel wool and are coated in some sort of protectant. They go on between the cable and the nut and as you tighten the nut, they release all their protectant and enlarge a small bit.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
Throttle
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. It was the connection at the plug that "appeared" to not have a clean connection. Once I removed and cleaned all battery connections I checked the charger itself. The plug conncetion was not engaged and appears there's a loose wire. Anyway, no that I've got the batteries all charged, my lights aren't working. I have to see if I've left a connection lose.
Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha