lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Default Drained Batteries

Yesterday I used my cart (1992 CC DS 36v) and happened to leave the key on. After doing what I needed (couple hours), I came back to the cart and it would not move. Pulled it back home with our tractor and tried to charge. Charger would turn on and then off. Isolated the batteries and used a couple chargers and a solar charger. Checking with my voltmeter now I have 36.3v, but still the charger turns on then off. Any thoughts? Batteries are less than 2 months old and are US Battery 2200.

I've noticed some differences in the volt readings using my voltmeter (Fluke Ammeter) and one of the battery chargers (Black and Decker BC12B). My Fluke will say 12.0v whereas the B&D will say 11.6v.

On the charger, when I unplug the AC and DC plug and plug them back in, I get 20A for a few seconds then the charger turns off. If I immediately unplug either plug and replug, the charger turns on and instantly turns off. A couple times I've noticed when the charger turns off the ammeter is at 10A and sometimes it falls all the way to 0A. The charger is an old Club Car charger.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MudHog; 03-03-2014 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: added cart voltage
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car