lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #21
xcntrk
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29 torque issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My 2012 G29 came stock with 6x8V. That is a very common combination here.
Gotcha, didn't realize that was a factory config. That means I can purchase some of the factory tray and hold down parts
xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #22
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the battery on the driver side is a deep cycle DC-8V. They switched the old T-875 battery and replaced with this "new" DC-8V when they did a pull. I called back and they said it's not going to make a difference adding a DC-8V to the T-875.

I called the General Manager and he said bring it back in and he will replace all 6 batteries with better used batteries. He said he will do a load check and everything on these batteries to ensure a good V. Cross your fingers.
brianmac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #23
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

One more update from my post above. The dealership said they will replace the old batteries with used 2013's that may last 2-3 years. Or he will sell me new batteries, install, new cables for %550-$600. I am going to just buy new batteries. He gave me the price $550 for DC-8V or $600 T-875. I asked, "since DC's are deep cycle and will give less voltage, should I go for the T-875?". He said, DC-8V are less expensive, would barely know the difference, and will only add a couple extra minutes of run time. Should I go for the T-875's or the DC-8V?

I can't thank you all again for all the helpful information! I have learned more than I asked for about golf cart batteries. lol
Old 01-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #24
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

T-875's. That price is the normal price around me so He's not hooking you up much @ all for the hell you've gone thru. I'd take 6 GOOD used T-875 batteries for free if I was you.
Molon Labe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Skip the Dc-8, spend the money. Or just let them get some other batteries in there for free. When spending your own money, always get the highest batteries you can afford, the bigger capacity equals longer lifespan before replacement.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #26
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

I thought about letting them just swap it out for free but they are just going to add the same year battery from another cart they purchased from a golf course. The prices around me are $830 for 6 Trojan T-875's. I call Trojan sales rep close by and they said wholesale for T-875's are just under $178/each.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"Wholesale" @ $178?! Did they tell you a "retail" price first?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #28
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe USA View Post
T-875's. That price is the normal price around me so He's not hooking you up much @ all for the hell you've gone thru. I'd take 6 GOOD used T-875 batteries for free if I was you.
I agree, he has gone thru an ordeal so far. We offer 2 options. Stock batteries with "download readings" or new batteries at an additional price. It is really the customers choice. Personely, I would go with the new set so if I took care of them properly, I would enjoy the car, trouble free for years. Or get a gas golf car and be done with all this cr$p
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed control, torque, uphill, yamaha 48v, yamaha g29
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha