lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 Club Car Speed Controler/V-Glide Problem with Pics

I think a direct short anywhere in the system could cause uncontrolled draws. But I am not as experienced as most of these guys. I have noticed that usually the V-glide's plastic case distorts in cases like yours to where it would be hard to refit the wiper and contacts? If you can see your way to a new unit...you will enjoy 15 yrs of trouble free service.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

My favorite thing is when the v-glide is perfectly fine, except the plastic around the mounts break off.... What a way to be irritated by something...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
timbo2
Getting Wild

On The Club Resistor System They Are Pretty Much Bullet Proof And Very Easy To Trouble Shoot And Repair What Useually Causes This Type Of V-glide Failure Is Either The Solinoid Is Stuck In The On Position Or The Accelerator Rod Is Out Of Adjustment Or A Stick Has Wedged In The Accelerator Rod (the Motor Is Staying Engaged) And This Happens If You Get Off The Cart Leave It In Foward Or Reverse Regaurdless If The Key Is Switched On Or Off And Put On The Parking Brake It Will Burn The Wiper Arm And Melt It As Phasetim Stated I Would Replace The Whole V-glide Asse The 36 Volt Assemblies Are Not That Much Its Always A Good Habit To Put It In Neutral When Not Driving This Will Take The Motor Offline Even If Any Of The Other Parts Stay Engaged
timbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #14
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: 1990 Club Car Speed Controler/V-Glide Problem with Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo2 View Post
On The Club Resistor System They Are Pretty Much Bullet Proof And Very Easy To Trouble Shoot And Repair What Useually Causes This Type Of V-glide Failure Is Either The Solinoid Is Stuck In The On Position Or The Accelerator Rod Is Out Of Adjustment Or A Stick Has Wedged In The Accelerator Rod (the Motor Is Staying Engaged) And This Happens If You Get Off The Cart Leave It In Foward Or Reverse Regaurdless If The Key Is Switched On Or Off And Put On The Parking Brake It Will Burn The Wiper Arm And Melt It As Phasetim Stated I Would Replace The Whole V-glide Asse The 36 Volt Assemblies Are Not That Much Its Always A Good Habit To Put It In Neutral When Not Driving This Will Take The Motor Offline Even If Any Of The Other Parts Stay Engaged

good advice...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #15
ohmss6
Not Yet Wild

My 1991 Club Car has the exact same problem. How long would it take to melt? My cart stopped working right when my accelerator pedal got stuck but only for a second. How do I adjust the accelerator rod?

Also, in a previous post someone said something about wire brushes and WD40 when messing with the motor posts? What is the correct method here?
ohmss6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, speed control, v-glide
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car