lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2023, 09:15 AM   #1
scrapper01
Not Yet Wild

Default 2019 Drive2 EFI - no electrical to gauge & won’t run

Cart was running fine then dropped all electrical to the gauge/motor while underway. Had to tow the cart home. Lights still work, battery is good.

I checked all the fuses at the cluster near the battery (4 fuses there) and one underneath the cup holder. What am I missing? Is there another main fuse somewhere?

Cart is acting as if the key is off, no power to ignition, starter, or gauges, just completely dead.

Any trouble shooting ideas would be appreciated.

Also, unrelated, cart has always had the brake lights stay on for a prolonged period of time after parking the cart and keying the ignition off. Is that normal?
scrapper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2023, 11:10 PM   #2
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2019 Drive2 EFI - no electrical to gauge & won’t run

Brake lights stay on until they time out (about 30 seconds I think) or the brake is released. If you release the brake they should go off immediately.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 12:55 AM   #3
scrapper01
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2019 Drive2 EFI - no electrical to gauge & won’t run

SOLVED— I found a bad connection in the 4 - fuse block. It would have been a bitch to change out the whole block. So I just cut out the bad circuit and wired in an in line fuse. The other 3 circuits are fine. All is good.
scrapper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha