lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
jb5860
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Mid 90 EZGO will reverse but not go forward

I have a mid 90's 36volt ezgo. Batteries are charged. Unit will power up and go in reverse. But it will not operate when forward is selected. F/R selector switches are good (Reverse is only closed while in reverse). Solenoid clicks when the pedal is depressed but unit will not even hint at going forward. Also, if I keep the pedal depressed the A1 wires to the motor will get warm (not hot but is pulling current) I am suspecting the controller pack with something in the F1 F2 field winding circuit. Has anyone seen this and have any troubleshooting suggestions. Diode check appears to be ok based on a test diagram of a different controller pack. (Curtis PMC 1206 SX-002 pack).
jb5860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Mid 90 EZGO will reverse but not go forward

Check your contacts on the F/R switch.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
jb5860
Not Yet Wild

Both the "Reverse Select" contact as well as the F/R contact are both good. Put the controller back in (took it out to get the model numbers). If I put the F/R arm between the two limits, the rocker switch is not energized and the solenoid is not being energized. But in either Forward or Reverse the Solenoid operates with the pedal.

When in Reverse, the A1 and A2 wires don't draw a lot of current, but when you depress the pedal in forward, there is apparently a lot of current draw through the motor, enough that the magnetic flux makes the two wires tug toward each other (probably a 100 amp plus current draw). I am wonderig if the F1 and F2 are not being energized when in the forward position.
jb5860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

if your car has a manual f/r switch, then it can not be your speed controller.. all switching is done by the f/r switch.. if it runs in reverse, then it can just as easily run in forward, the problem must be something else..

The solenoid is engaged separately from the f/r switching... its very possible for your f/r switch to be bad, and your solenoid still work... the rocker not only controls those little micro-switches, but also transfers voltage through the large copper contacts that you can not see.. Verify the 4 large wires connecting to the f/r switch are not burnt off, and then take the f/r switch entirely out and inspect the board and cam..

A run in backward/not forward problem on a "series" car is limited to only two problems..

1. f/r selector, or wire connecting to it..
2. bad motor (fairly rare, with that symptom)

if you want to test the motor externally i tell how in the following link.. (it will work exactly the same on an ez-go).. be careful though..

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tor-check.html
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO