lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default wont turn over

01 carryall wont turn over with the pedal,,, i can jump across the solenoid and it will crank,,, could it be one of the micro switches?????
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: wont turn over

just tried something,,, it willl turn over in forward and reverse... itsnt this thing suppose to have a nuetral,,, btw its a 2001 carryall 272 with a fe350 in it.....if it is suppose to have neutral it wont trun over in neutral,,,,,

anybody??? anybody?????
Old 07-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
CCMike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not too familiar with the carryall but a regular CC gas cart only starts in F or R unless you are in maint mode.
CCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try rotating the cam behind the F / R lever. Perhaps you are in the wrong mode. The other solution may be the lower micro switch in the black box is out of adjustment or faulty. I just had this problem with a 98 CC. Replaced micro and all is good again with a customers cart.
Please let us know what you find, it helps the whole community when a problem is resolved.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

im a dumb a$$... forgot it wont start in neutral... my dad bypassed it on his so he can idle it to warm up......i was thinking bout his... all good,, started up....

there is another way of doing it though.. put it in the neutral position and put something under the micro switch that tell the cart its in forward...
Old 07-25-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it sorted adr, sometimes the little things get overlooked.

Chris.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #7
rem722
Not Yet Wild

hey bud, got a 2001 cc and I know the micros for thr F&R , but what about this black box switch you mentioned? can you tell me more?
rem722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

rem... there is a total of 4 micro switches,,, 2 on the forward /rev lever and 2 in the where the start solenoid is... actually invalidsession mentioned the black box... im not exactly sure what all the micro switches do,,,, im new to all this golf cart switches and stuff,,, small engine work is more my cup,, but im learning slowly from all the other posts on this site......
Old 07-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The black box (On my 99) has two micro switches, the upper is to allow the ignition to start when the pedal is pressed and the lower is to kill the spark at pedal release. Quite why this couldn't have been done with just one switch is a mystery to me at least but i'm sure someone will chip in with the answer. The box also contains the starter solenoid btw.

Chris.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

i came across a 97 carryall,, well,, i did a favor to a golf course,,, i swapped a fe350 from a 01 carryall and put it in a 01 carryall 272,, i took a fe290 out of the 97 and put it in the 01 carryall,,, and they gave me the 97 carryall for doing it,,, my problem is now i have no motor and the rear axle case is cracked on the one i got in the deal.... wish i could find a pre 97 ccw axle assy... be easier to decide what motor i use,, i dont really want to put in rev to go forward and vise versa....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car