lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Thumper_abn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart won't move

I just got a 98 series cart. I've got some battery issue that I'm aware of.
I'm working on that but that thread is here. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-issues.html

Now I still haven't replaced the batteries yet since it's only been 2 or so days.
Now the cart won't move at all.
I was shooting my little girl around the yard with it and it just stopped. I came off the accelerator in a turn and when I went back to it there was no response. Nothing. No forward or reverse.
I pushed it into the garage and put it on charge. Today when I tried it, I hear the solonoid clicking but no movement in forward or reverse.
Any ideas
Thanks in advance for any help.
Thumper_abn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart won't move

Can you take individual battery voltages and post them for us? From reading your other thread, I agree with ScottyB that you have one or more bad batteries and you have finally gotten to the point that they don't have enough oomph to push the cart. There are lots of posts here about batteries and how to test them, plus many people have had the same problem that you have. Until you have a good power source, you won't be able to tell if anything else is wrong. Figure on getting some soon.

And since you're spending money, it might be a good time to upgrade wires and possibly the F/R switch and controller too. My Curtis 1204 lasted 1 year pushing 22" tires and a rear seat with lots of beer in the cooler and chairs hanging off the back!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Also just for GP give all the battery cables a tug/twist to be sure they are solid.... could be a bad connection since it was running and came to halt? Or a bad F&R ~ Give it a wiggle or slam it into F&R a few times.... IDK?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Thumper_abn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Batteries read as follows:(no1 battery is the + and no6 is -)
1= 5.9v
2=5.9v
3=6.21v
4=6.23v
5=6.24v
6=6.06v
I tapped the F/R switch and switched it back and forth several times with no changes.
I'll try to hit it up again tomorrow.
I really think I need to replace the batteries and all the battery cables, then move to clean and reseat all the connections. It's been so cold,even in the garage, that I don't really want to mess with it.
I'll jump on it again when it's above 40 in the garage.
I've got all summer tomake it into a reliable hunting cart.
Keep the suggestions coming guys.I'm learning a lot abt these things.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Those are low readings for a pack that has been on the charger recently... Connect the voltmeter with tape or? and try to drive it and tell us if they go down alot when you push the gas peddle?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

scottyb, for my own knowledge, should it be done for each battery or for the pack?
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I always do the drive test on the whole pack first. If I see a major drop, then I go battery by battery til I find out which are bad.

Hint, If you find that the second battery you test is bad, keep testing. It is not uncommon to have multiple bad batteries.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Thumper_abn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well it moved today. It was kind of intermittent though. While I had it moving I did the moving meter test. It went from 36.6v to 33.2v. That was on the battery pack. It died again before I could do each battery.
Funny thing is, I tried it again several hours later and it ran.
I guess I need to suck it up and get some batteries.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
Thumper_abn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I put new batteries in it this. Not really new but good used. I have a buddy that works at interstate.
The cart ran great except in reverse. The solonoid clicks but no movement at all.
I took it out to where I hunt and drove it with me, the wife , and my little girl. We rode for around a hour and it went up all the normal hills and some I didn't think it would make it up. It went slow but it kept going. I'll need to work out the torque(or lack there of)later this summer.
Right now the 50 yd target is the reverse. I searched it and tried to tighten the FnR switch but that didn't work. I got out my meter and tested the 2 micro-switches on the FnR switch. The one closest to the driver is always closed. Could this be my problem or is this a problem that hasn't shown itself yet? Any ideas?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO