lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
carbongixxer
Not Yet Wild

Default New jets or original air box G2

Hey Guys,
I have a 90 G2 gas model and when I got it, the original air box is gone. Just a standard air cone on it. I'm pretty sure its running lean, cause i have to choke it to get it to run. While choked it will take off or sputters and bogs down. I have cleaned out the carb and jets really well. Checked the valves, spark plug all is good. So my question is should I try to find a original air box setup or is there a jet kit to correct the air/fuel mixture? If you think I should go with the airbox where can I purchase a replacement? Thanks for your help!
carbongixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #2
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New jets or original air box G2

First things first - Welcome to Buggies Gone Wild! Glad to have you here!

OK...if your cart is all stock, it will run lean without the airbox on it. It is designed to act as a silencer, as well as an air filter, so it has some restriction in it's airflow. The carb is jetted for this restriction. If you aren't concerned about noise, and want a little more power, change the jetting. There are several posts in this section - you might have to search a bit - that deal with jetting.

If you prefer a quieter cart, there are usually one or two folks selling G2 or G9 parts in the "Golf Carts And Parts For Sale" section of the forum. Also, several of the site sponsors should carry the parts needed to put an airbox together. TNT, and probably others, have diagrams on their sites that show all the parts.

I was in the same situation as you are. My G2 was without the airbox, and just wouldn't run. I got a used one from a fellow BGW member, and it runs great now! I tend to prefer things on the quieter side.

Let us know how things are coming along, and good luck! Most of all, ENJOY!!!
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha