lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Series Ezgo TXT 48v conv ITS: throttle jumps to wide open

My gut feeling is the ITS is okay. I don't believe the program is correct. What you describe is a 0-5k control on ITS. Reprogram again. This time change the throttle type or input to anything else ... say 5k-0 and close the program. power down the controler and repower the control then restart the controller program and check the throttle type. Is it 5k-0? Any way change it to ITS and close the program...... then reopen the program and double check it took.... now try it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I reprogrammed the controller as you said; still wide open. I even tried using 5-0 and 0-5 and drove the cart; still wide open. The speed was much slower on those two settings, but it was still wide open only. I went back to ITS again, the top speed returned as previous, still wide open.

I did watch the monitor a lot as I worked the throttle while driving, and the reading for throttle position was all over the map and inconsistent (in ITS mode). I didn't monitor it in the other modes.

The throttle % would say sometimes progressively starting at 10-15% (while throttle/solenoid was barely kicked in) up to 80+% like you would expect, sometimes it would say 80+% right after solenoid kicked in.....that can't be right. It does seem like sometimes it starts out ok, but most of the time it starts out and goes to wide open.

Could there be some feedback interfering with the ITS of controller?
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #13
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ITS or controller.
My iPad changes words to fit, sometimes it helps but most of the time i have to go back and correct things. It's a pain in the butt.
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I see you have an Alltrax control. Can you monitor the throttle output per the ITS tests? They will be higher (10v and descend as the throttle is pressed) as the controller sets the ITS operation. Put negative lead on the battery main -. probe the white wire from the its with the positive. tell us what he starting voltage is and what you read at full throttle.
You can disable the solenoid activation and do this safely while sitting still. Just remove the Neg wire from the solenoid small post.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
shettlesbobby@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I had this problem and it was a high resistance short in the wires between the ITS and the controller.
shettlesbobby@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48v conversion, speed control, throttle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO