lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
Codum
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo buggies unlimited C54 kit error code

Having issues with my new upgrade kit from buggies unlimited. Not saying the kit is the problem just so you know what I’m working with. I got the C54 kit installed and I am getting 2 green 5 red flashes on my controller. Email Scotty and he said “ You have a motor or cable short - assuming all the high amperage cables are connected correctly“. I purchased all new cables and a new motor. But I’ve checked the cables. No issues and disconnected the motor and did continuity test. Motor good also. I’ve gone over the wires multiple times and not sure what to test/check next. Thanks for any advice. Trying to get this cart running for my dad for hunting so he don’t have to walk so far. Knees not what they used to be.
Codum is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo buggies unlimited C54 kit error code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codum View Post
Having issues with my new upgrade kit from buggies unlimited. Not saying the kit is the problem just so you know what I’m working with. I got the C54 kit installed and I am getting 2 green 5 red flashes on my controller. Email Scotty and he said “ You have a motor or cable short - assuming all the high amperage cables are connected correctly“. I purchased all new cables and a new motor. But I’ve checked the cables. No issues and disconnected the motor and did continuity test. Motor good also. I’ve gone over the wires multiple times and not sure what to test/check next. Thanks for any advice. Trying to get this cart running for my dad for hunting so he don’t have to walk so far. Knees not what they used to be.
Did you mean Buggies Unlimited or Carts Unlimited? Is this an EZGO or Club Cart?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
Codum
Not Yet Wild

Carts unlimited. Sorry, pulling my hair, what’s left of it. 2005 EZGO.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
Codum
Not Yet Wild

I just noticed the wiring schematic in the Alltrax Owners manual is different from the schematic that came stapled to the instructions in the kit. I made the change and we’ll same error. HELP!!!!

Which one is correct? And what’s wrong?
Old 09-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A 2005 Ezgo would not use a conversion kit.
If not C54 what controller do you have?
What is the manufacture code of the cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #6
Codum
Not Yet Wild

Ok?? Why not? Maybe I’m missing something. I may be wrong but I think it’s a 2005. Motor is parallel to axle and I have 6-6volt batteries and it’s made by EZGO. I purchased a new motor along with new controller, new 2g wires, new pedal and new HD F/R switch. I did have to custom fab the connection from the mechanical F/R throw to connect to the new F/R switch. One of my wires was to short but I happen to have about 10 ft of 2 ga. So I made one.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The C54 badge is used for the 500 amp conversion kit from resistor coil drive to solid state.
The last resistor coil cart made by Ezgo was in 1991. So there is some confusion as to what you have and what you bought.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:47 PM   #8
Codum
Not Yet Wild

Really confused. I purchased the C54 kit and answered the questions in the drop down boxes. The controller is the 500amp Alltrax that looks like comes in all the C54 kits. Cart code is M2404.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
Codum
Not Yet Wild

Ok. So is it going to work? If so, do I wire it per the schematic in the step by step instructions you sent with the kit? The motor passes the continuity test. Or the instructions in the Alltrax manual? Also, what would I ordered differently. My F/R switch was fried. I wanted the power to climb hilly terrain.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #10
Codum
Not Yet Wild

Hey Scotty. Any response much appreciated. Headed home hoping to get this cart running today.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO