lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Robflor7
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Curtis programming

Let me preface this by saying I read a lot of posts on BGW. I know I have read somewhere the information I am looking for, but have been unable to find it again through searching.

I am building the controller interface cable and FTDI USB and have found all of the information I need to get the cable and software working, and now I am trying to locate information on settings to manipulate in the OEM software.

I am an engineer and I like to putz around with things like this. The cart is plenty fast enough for me, and the acceleration is okay, but I would like to improve the Regen braking. I have 23 inch tires, and I would like to make changes in the controller to that effect.

If anyone can remember the thread where these settings were discussed please drop the link in here.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Robflor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: RXV Curtis programming

I am still a novice at this but I also like to have print outs. If you have the software and interface working, save a copy of your current configuration, and then go to File Export. This will generate a file that resembles Excel but is really just a flat text file tab separated. If you open your favorite spreadsheet software and import the file it will be easier to navigate. IMO of course.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robflor7 View Post
Let me preface this by saying I read a lot of posts on BGW. I know I have read somewhere the information I am looking for, but have been unable to find it again through searching.

I am building the controller interface cable and FTDI USB and have found all of the information I need to get the cable and software working, and now I am trying to locate information on settings to manipulate in the OEM software.

I am an engineer and I like to putz around with things like this. The cart is plenty fast enough for me, and the acceleration is okay, but I would like to improve the Regen braking. I have 23 inch tires, and I would like to make changes in the controller to that effect.

If anyone can remember the thread where these settings were discussed please drop the link in here.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
If you use Advanced Search, and go through my somewhat recent posts, I have given out information as to parameter and some of what the values do. Some of what I posted is OEM, some are Factory or Development levels. I usually will mention if a parameter is Factory or Development level.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What he said

The exported file also lists next to the values what level you need to have to make changes. I need to go look and see what values it shows in the export when you are at OEM level.

Well just did that. If you are at OEM level the only entries in the export are ones that OEM has access to read. Most it can change but a few like Freedom mode will say write needs developer. The higher access level ones are not there.

Last edited by kgsc; 09-30-2018 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Update
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO