lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2018, 08:53 AM   #1
LBrown867
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2002 EZGO TXT Front End Alignment

The other day my cart hit a curb on the right side pretty hard initially putting a small dent on the edge of the wheel. I did not think much about it as it continued to drive fine, but after further investigation, it appears the right front end is pushed in an inch or two further than the left front end (closer to the floorboard). I have not gotten under it to really look at it, but I am hoping I did not bend anything major. The axle looks straight when you look down it(from one wheel to the other) so I am wondering if it did not just shift the whole front end instead of bending that one side. With all this being said, what are the chances it just shifted the front end somehow?
If so, how do you adjust it? (Would the leaf spring looking things possibly have shifted?

I am mad at myself for this as I just built the cart so it has a 3 inch spindle lift, 22 inch tires, etc.

Thank you for your help!
LBrown867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2018, 09:10 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 EZGO TXT Front End Alignment

If you hit it hard enough to shift the entire front end I think it'd take more than a curb to do it... Possibly another cart hitting yours or a car. But that's just a guess, pictures may help.

Rims can bend, I've bent a few on carts/atvs/cars so ?maybe? you just have a bent rim?

Lift the front of your cart off the ground with a jack and spin the front wheels by hand. (make sure your back brake is engaged)

If you have it in the air you may as well check the alignment. Since your rims are suspect, you can't just use the parallel-arm method so take a piece of chalk or crayon and spin the tire. Holding your hand steady, let the chalk draw a circle on the spinning tire in the center area of the tread. Do this on both tires. Let the cart back down, roll forward/backward a few feet then measure the distance between the chalk lines on the front of the tires and again on the back.

Depending on who you ask and how fast your cart goes, you either want the measurements to be the same or you want the front to be 1/8 to 1/4 inch closer together than the back.

Good luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 EZGO TXT Front End Alignment

A picture might be helpful.

You can check to see if the front axle is "true " or "plum". Measure diagonally from outside rear of drivers side leaf spring to outside front of passenger leaf spring. Then measure from outside rear of passenger leaf spring to outside front of drivers leaf spring. The measurements should be equal. If not, your front weldmount axle is likely shifted.
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO