lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
warduck
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1994 EZGO New Belt Makes Rearend Lock At Stop

Hey guys, I have a '94 TXT. Just replaced a 11yo belt today with a severe duty belt because the old belt was finally starting to slip. Now when the cart comes to a stop it's like the rear end locks up until you hit the gas again. When it's stopped and in gear you can't push the cart forward at all. Other than that it runs and drives fine.

I have the replacement springs for both clutches, but haven't put them on yet.
warduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 EZGO New Belt Makes Rearend Lock At Stop

Precisely what that belt’s designed to do.... no slip... put it in neutral if you wanna push... I think I’d just drive it
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:47 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It will stretch some as it breaks in. Not gonna be night and day difference but I just wouldnt push it while it's in gear. 12 o clock is quasi-neutral and much easier to push
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
warduck
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for that. I guess I'm just not used to a fresh belt that stops that hard right at the end as it slows. I don't usually try to push it while it's in gear I was just using that as a reference because before if someone didn't realize it was in gear and try to push it forward a little there'd definitely be resistance but it would roll a little. Now it's like the brakes are locked on. I'll leave it alone and give it a break in period. I do still need to change the 2 clutch springs though. I have the springs I just have to borrow the puller from a buddy.

Thanks again guys!
warduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO