lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #21
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS New Motor Purchase Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer29 View Post
Using POR15... Anybody ever used that to take care of rust??
Evaporust removes rust down to the metal. POR15 coats over it and bonds to it. Both excellent but different products. Many of the bolts on the Precedent I'm working on right now have some rust on them, so I'll let them soak in Evaporust overnight and they'll be as nice as can be in the morning. If I had rust on an EZ Go frame, I'd do the POR for sure. That stuff is awesome.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #22
jimmer29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Evaporust removes rust down to the metal. POR15 coats over it and bonds to it. Both excellent but different products. Many of the bolts on the Precedent I'm working on right now have some rust on them, so I'll let them soak in Evaporust overnight and they'll be as nice as can be in the morning. If I had rust on an EZ Go frame, I'd do the POR for sure. That stuff is awesome.
Thanks, I will try Evaporust, too...
jimmer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #23
jimmer29
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

@Sergio... You said in another post - 2020 Club Car Onward Motor for sale -- that the controller was not compatible with wiring harness without a few modifications.

I bought a bucket wiring harness for a different Club Car (2018 Precedent) previously that I did not use on it. Can I use that one with the 2020 Onward motor and controller??

Can you tell me what modifications that I may have to make to make the harness compatible with the controller??
jimmer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:38 PM   #24
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Using POR15... Anybody ever used that to take care of rust??
I have used it but I prefer another product from Abatron.com called Total Solution Rust Converter. As you know, the POR15 is a rust coating that bonds chemically and does a fine job. However, because of the multi-step process it isn't the best product for small areas of rust or where it's more important to maintain the structural integrity of the area by converting the rust.
I have used Total Solution for the past 8 years and the results are amazing on ATV's, side-by-sides, utility trailers, wrought iron gates and iron patio furniture.
I spent several hours recently painting all the rusty spots on the underside of my Precedent. I removed only the very loose rust and applied 3 thin coats. You can even use it in a spray bottle if you wish. Like POR15, Total Solution dries to a near black finish and can be left unpainted if you wish. It blends right into any existing black paint. It really is amazing.
You can even paint it over screw and bolt heads and it will not effect future removal. That can be a problem with POR15.
Hope this helps you.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
@Sergio... You said in another post - 2020 Club Car Onward Motor for sale -- that the controller was not compatible with wiring harness without a few modifications.

I bought a bucket wiring harness for a different Club Car (2018 Precedent) previously that I did not use on it. Can I use that one with the 2020 Onward motor and controller??

Can you tell me what modifications that I may have to make to make the harness compatible with the controller??
I answered with descriptions of the wiring changes in the other thread:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...5&postcount=18
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car