lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default honda idle

my issue is this. the motor seems to stumble @ idle. what i mean is @ idle it wants to die, and if i hit the gas a couple of times the motor smooths out and will idle nice for about 5-10 seconds then dips lower and lower till it dies. it seems to smooth out when i turn the idle up @ the carb, but its to high to leave (1200-1500) other wise the motor runs great it just seems to stumble till you get your foot in it! its a 24 hp with strech exhaust, cold air intake, otherwise stock...... another annoying thing is that it leaks oil out of the crankcase seal behind clutch only when it is put on my trailer and tranported somewhere. i can drive it around the neighborhood and park it and.....not a drop....... only when it is on the trailer. not in gear, only brake locked! i thought that maybe the pressure on the crank, rocking back and forth would cause oil to seep out, so i tried it in neutral and still leaks. more than a couple of drops...... thanks jay
overthebarss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: honda idle

Adjust your low speed needle on the carb. Don't know 'bout the oil leak on the trailer.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: honda idle

is it the one that says R or L
Old 05-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthebarss View Post
is it the one that says R or L
Yes. Turn it in until it seats (stops). Then turn it out 1 1/4 turns. This is a good base point to start with.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

these are located on the top of carb, right. because i broke the top off of the one that has an'R" stamped next to it. if thats the right one I will adj. in the morning. thanks
Old 05-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
these are located on the top of carb, right. because i broke the top off of the one that has an'R" stamped next to it. if thats the right one I will adj. in the morning. thanks
There should only be one adjustment screw besides the idle adj. screw.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

perhaps i am confused. the idle adj. screw is on the side of carb, that sets the final idle. the high speed and low speed are located on the top, i assume. right?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
perhaps i am confused. the idle adj. screw is on the side of carb, that sets the final idle. the high speed and low speed are located on the top, i assume. right?
I'm not in front of one right now, but the hi speed should not be adjustable. The idle screw is on the side. If I remember correctly the low speed adjustment is on the flywheel side under the little shield below the air filter and above the fan shroud. I had to pull the air cleaner off the first time to find it. Hope this helps...
Old 05-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
overthebarss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

the manual is calling the part i broke, a pilot set screw..... It is not adjustable because it has a cast boss arond the screw. which i had to grind off to reinstall the screw.i think i have it out of adjustment.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #10
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
the manual is calling the part i broke, a pilot set screw..... It is not adjustable because it has a cast boss arond the screw. which i had to grind off to reinstall the screw.i think i have it out of adjustment.
The low speed screw is adjustable. I'm not sure what you are talking about with the pilot screw??? Is this a new problem, or has this been an issue since the install? The cold air intake and the exhaust will both create a lean idle mixture.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!