lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
SunCoastCruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 EZGO Valor turn signal install

How to install a turn signal on a 2021 EZGO Valor.

The Valor has great lights installed from the factory and they include signals lights but no turn signal. There are many turn signals on the market and only one turn signal works as a true Plug & Play install due to the factory 6 pin connector, according to my EZGO dealer. Or, you can upgrade all the lights with an aftermarket kit and you will have many more options at a higher price point. If you want to keep it simple and low cost then this is for you. The turn signal that is plug and play is sold on EZGOs website and you can find it here.
Turn Signal Switch https://shop.txtsv.com/turn-signal-switch
Part Number 611810

I purchased mine from my local EZGO dealer and they included the steering column wire Cover. Check to see if that’s included if you buy it online.

1. Remove the center console by unscrewing 5 screws. Before you can pull it out you need to remove the flexible back stop then cut the 2 zip ties behind it. Push it up and pull it out.

2. Pull out the 6 pin connector. It is buried deep inside out of site so you will need to reach to find it. It will be on the left side of the cowl.

3. The 6 pin connector has a short reach so you will need to route it as far left as you can since the turn signal will come through the left side too.

4. Drill a 1.5” hole using a hole saw through the bottom of the left compartment. This will be under the left compartment and close the left side of the steering wheel column.
TurnSignalHole.jpg

5. Pull the turn signal harness wire through the 1.5” hole and connect it to the 6 pin connector.
TurnSignalConnector.jpg

6. There are two more wires included on both ends of the connectors. The turn signal has a free black and white wire. The car has a red and black wire. Connect the black wire to the EZGO red wire. Connect the white wire to the EZGO black wire. Do not connect black to black. This must be due to the 3rd party turn signal because I don’t believe EZGO would have engineered it this way on purpose.

7. Screw the turn signal onto the steering column.

8. Add the steering wheel column cover to conceal the wires.
TurnSignal.jpg
SunCoastCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
MemphusMo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2021 EZGO Valor turn signal install

Edited - I figured it out. One of the connections was loose. It’s entirely too short! Haha…

———-

Good afternoon- I followed these instructions and everything appears to be hooked up properly however I don’t get a blinking signal or blinking emergency signal. Any thoughts on what I should do to troubleshoot? My cart is a 2022 Valor BTW… but everything above lined up exactly the same…
MemphusMo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, ezgo, turn signal, valor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO