lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #21
Jwinter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Alltrax PDS 400 but "still" low performance

Hey guys, I called the golf cart place that sold me the batteries. They are comming to pick up the cart tomorrow. After talking to them and them looking into their notes I may have a chance at a warranty claim. They will test the cart under load, etc. and give me a call. Wish me luck fella's.
Jwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #22
Jwinter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JB, Thanks for the education on Battery testing. I was able to use some of your insight when I pushed the lack of capacity even when these batteries and battery pack all charge up above 6.2 to 6.7 individual battery and 36.7 for the total battery pack as well.
All you guys have been a big help to my son and me for sure.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:09 PM   #23
Jwinter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update: To everyone here who has been so generous with helping my son and I with the golf cart issues. I was able to warranty the Interstate Batteries with the Golf Cart shop. I actually got Covid after two booster shots... Anyway I am 60y/o so I am happy to report I was only down for about a week or so. All good now.
So far with the batteries installed the cart is running "very fast, 23 mph peak" that is up from the mid to high teens thanks to the Alltrax Controller we installed. I HIGHLY recommend these Alltrax controllers to take your cart to another level. WOW what an amazing difference.
For now we are working on running the cart down to about 80% discharge and then giving her a full charge every day or so. I read that this the best way to prep new batteries for endurance and longevity. If I am off here please let me know anything that can help with this process. Thanks again for everyone's help!
Old 02-08-2022, 06:56 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Only discharge down to about 75% SoC for the first couple dozen charge cycles and never discharge more than 50% SoC.

Recharge batteries after every use, or at least every day cart is used.

Here is a pretty good tutorial on breaking in batteries. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

Remember discharging to 75% SoC before recharging is a goal, not an absolute. Only discharging to 80% SoC or 90% SoC before recharging is okay.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax 400, ezgo, pds, performance issue, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO