lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2022, 12:08 PM   #1
Cruz12
Not Yet Wild

Default 36volt to 48volt Charging port

Ok I have read everything on the forum that I can find on this issue but no one has answered exactly what I知 looking for. The old port had 2 wires. The new one has 4 wires. Red + black - gray to positive battery terminal and my 2004 ezgo txt has no place for the blue wire to hook up to. Do I just leave it off or is there somewhere else for me to hook it up? Thanks
Cruz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2022, 01:40 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36volt to 48volt Charging port

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz12 View Post
Ok I have read everything on the forum that I can find on this issue but no one has answered exactly what I知 looking for. The old port had 2 wires. The new one has 4 wires. Red + black - gray to positive battery terminal and my 2004 ezgo txt has no place for the blue wire to hook up to. Do I just leave it off or is there somewhere else for me to hook it up? Thanks
The blue wire is from the electronic version of the reed switch that was used in 36V ports. You mentioned your 36V port only had 2 wires, so your cart is pre-1995 or the reed switch has been bypassed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:52 PM   #3
Cruz12
Not Yet Wild

It痴 a 2004 frame with a 97 wiring harness! Lol but I知 guessing the reed switch was bypassed. There is a red wire going from the ms2 switch to the battery. Would that be the bypass? I知 new at this so I知 sorry if I sound dumb
Old 02-03-2022, 03:24 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz12 View Post
It痴 a 2004 frame with a 97 wiring harness! Lol but I知 guessing the reed switch was bypassed. There is a red wire going from the ms2 switch to the battery. Would that be the bypass? I知 new at this so I知 sorry if I sound dumb
Yep.

Just leave the blue wire disconnected. Insulate the expose contact in the in-line plug so it won't short out on anything.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:43 PM   #5
Cruz12
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Yep.

Just leave the blue wire disconnected. Insulate the expose contact in the in-line plug so it won't short out on anything.
Thank you so much for your help!! I tried it and from what I can tell the charger is working but the light on the charging port isn稚 coming on. I知 guessing the blue wire is what controls that? But I知 good with it not working as long as the batteries are getting charged!!
Old 02-04-2022, 04:01 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what turns the port's LED on. Probable designed for a specific charger and that charger is a POS, so that is a good sign.

Tags
charging, ezgo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO