lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Default 20 HP V-twin Honda Clone

Hey guys, I went down to my local Princess Auto, similar to your Harbour Freight I believe. ...and I was suprised to see a 20Hp v-twin honda clone!!
Has anyone else come across this at all?? The Company is called Power First,and it sells for $1030.00 CND. . . .its got my interest up because I am lokoing for a motor for one of my project

Anyone know something that I don't?

It looks like it should be able to get a clutch right?

Thnx Mike
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Default Re: 20 HP V-twin Honda Clone

does it have a straight 1" shaft or tapered?
the 1" shaft will support a clutch.depending on the length also.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Can you list the specs on the engine?

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
MIKEPEER
Gone Wild

def post some info up about them
MIKEPEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 20 HP V-twin Honda Clone

smallenginewarehouse.com has the real deal fer around 1100 bucks.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #6
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
smallenginewarehouse.com has the real deal fer around 1100 bucks.
i buy a few engines from them and it's a good deal and super fast shipping.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

I can't find any spec's on this motor at all, not even a manufactures web site. . . I will try and get some next time I go back to the store

The Honda V-twins are sold here for no cheaper than $1900, thats why it seems like such a good deal to me, I don't know how much shipping would cost from the States to Canada with an item of this size, I will try and find that out too

Thnx guys I will keep you posted on wha tI find out
Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
liftedwelding
Getting Wild

Club Car

I bought that exact engine in Edmonton when I was working in Camrose last winter. It was on sale for $999.99. I took a pretty close look at the engine before i bought it and it is identical to the Honda. The only difference I could see was all the parts on the Power Fist was made "cheap" so to speak. As Im sure you know Princess Auto is awesome about returning things, so i decided to buy one before they sold out (one of the staff members told me that those engines were discontinued and once there gone there gone) and Edmonton only had 4 left. I took the engine back to where I was staying and tried running it, I seemed to run fine and I didn't see any problems with it. After that I called Tom at cpp and priced out a drive and a driven clutch that would fit that engine. The clutches were a little over $400 and i had $1000 in the Power Fist so i decided for a few extra bucks to return the Power Fist and to order the complete 23hp kit form Tom. This way i knew that everything would fit and i wouldn't have any problems. I thought it was a pretty good deal too. But after i priced out all the parts i would need, and need to make (clutches, belt, custom exhaust and throttle linkage, ect) I found that it would be cheaper to buy the complete kit from Tom. And I felt more comfortable running a Vanguard out in the bush rather than a Power Fist. As far as specs go, there is a owners manual that comes with the engine and it has all the specs in it. I cant remember any of them off hand. Hope this helps
liftedwelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Yeah this deff helps, I was looking at the pricing to get this motor up and running last night, and tom's deal was looking better and better the more I looked at it. . .how much was shipping for you? that was the only thing that I didn't figure out.
The motor does look cheap thats forsure, just like all the other powerfirst stuff.
Thanks Liftedwelding!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
liftedwelding
Getting Wild

Club Car

I can't remember off hand how much shipping was. I remember that it was just under 3000 by the time I shipped it and payed the exchange rate. I will look on my receipt tonight when I get home, and get back to you. I'm glad I went with Toms kit, everything went together nicely and I haven't had any problems with it. Very well put together kit. If you have the option, ship the motor to a US address and drive down and pick it up. I didn't do that with my motor simply because I was away working and I wanted to get started on the swap as soon as I got home for christmas holidays. I payed BIG TIME, UPS charges ridiculous brokage fees to ship across the border. All the other parts that I have ordered for my cart I have shipped to a US address and driven down and picked them up. Ill get the receipts from UPS as well and let you know
liftedwelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!