lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default Have questions regarding 5" EZGO lift

I'm in the process of installing what we think is a EZGO 5" lift (part # 71936 G01). I started on rear because it was already 10pm and I was hoping to get something done last night. Everything went well and tires are on but I do have a question about how the motor responds to the lift. With this lift you move the rear axel from on top of the rear springs to the bottom, then add u bolts and a bracket. Since the frame the motor is mounted to a frame that is connected at the middle of the cart and to the axel the motor has changed from a level position to tilted toward the rear. Is this what I should suspect to happen?

Thanks and I will post some pictures.
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Have questions regarding 5" EZGO lift

I assume you have a gas cart and the frame is the swing arm? Then yes ,the oil dipstick needs to be recalibrated. Empty and refill to specs. Carefully check your oil level (after it settles) and remark your dipstick.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Yes it is the 2002 EZGO gas in my signature line. I read that about the oil recalibration in the sticky's. Thanks for the feed back.

Here is the cart

One other question to add now. I went out to admire my work and noticed I broke the forward/reverse micro switch when the rear axel lowered. The wires were to tight and they broke off the blade connector. looks like it was a little corroded so it probably wasn't a bad thing. Tried to get the switch off but the bolt just turns. Do I need to take the plate off to get to the head of the bolt? Where can I get the switch?

picture of the broken switch. see the double wire connector where it broke the spade off of the switch.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Hey,
I'm starting to think that switch was broken all along. The reverse buzzer never worked when I bought the cart. Is that connector just the positive power supply that daisy chains to provide power to something else?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
zarak
Not Yet Wild

As for the lift kit resulting in a downward axel angle: That is the result of the lift kit. Nothing wrong with it. Good idea to re-check the oil level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish2fish View Post
Hey,
I'm starting to think that switch was broken all along. The reverse buzzer never worked when I bought the cart. Is that connector just the positive power supply that daisy chains to provide power to something else?
I actually unplugged it on my cart because I HATE THE BUZZER. I don't expect anything bad to happen, since that microswitch is just used for the buzzer. You can check page K-2 on the repair and service manual for a diagram of the direction selector.
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
wish2fish
Gone Wild

got-r-done!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
FRATT70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks great, just wondering where you got the rims and how much.
FRATT70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
wish2fish
Gone Wild

I got the rims and tire from the local EZGO dealer. These were slightly used with tires set of 4 for $300.

There are Fairway Alloys "Bunker" 12 inch with Kenda Turf Boss 23 x 10.5 x 12
Old 06-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
wish2fish
Gone Wild

took the new ride to the rivercamp this weekend. my 15 year old son tried to wear it out! All you could see was mud, white of his eyes and teeth! I think he had a good time!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

LOL!!! Sounds like he did have fun!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts