lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
HOFNAR
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2007 CC Prec charger shuts off

Thanks for the help guys.

Yes, I have checked and cleaned all connections.

Batteries are 2009 Trojans. All batteries read 12.1 - 12.4 when depleted.
Charger never tapers down like it did when I first got it. It's pegged all the way for a couple hours and then shuts off.

Thoughts?
HOFNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if its pegged all the way until it shuts off it sounds like there may be a short in the charging system somewhere................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why not try and bypass the OBC and see if the charger works fine? Also check the wires at the charge receptacle on the cart for any issues.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #14
club car guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

sounds like a battery issues to me. give the cart a full charge (or as full as you can) and test the bat voltage as soon as the charger shuts down. Then wait an hour and test the voltage again and see if they are all holding the same charge as when the charger shut down.
club car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Hofnar,....You need to get a Hydrometer. Just measuring the voltage many times won't tell you the real problem. I have had several batteries read 12.4 and when I do the hydrometer test I fould that one cell out of the 6 was at 10% charge and the rest were at 90%. Still the total voltage was 12.4. Go to your local Auto parts and get a Hydrometer and check each cell of each battery. The you know what to do. If you have a regulart auto 12 volt charger, turn off cart power, unplug the cart charger, turn TOW switch to TOW, take off one cable off the bad battery and hook up you charger and put a standard charge on it. Make sure before that there is enough water in each cell to cover the plates by at least 1/4" and leave the caps on. If you have the "Better version" of a charger you could either run a "Desulfate cycle" or an Equalize cycle. This assumes that you have first determined the cell is not shorted or dead.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #16
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFNAR View Post
Thanks for the help guys.

Yes, I have checked and cleaned all connections.

Batteries are 2009 Trojans. All batteries read 12.1 - 12.4 when depleted.
Charger never tapers down like it did when I first got it. It's pegged all the way for a couple hours and then shuts off.

Thoughts?
12.1 x4 = 48.4 volts... that is when you should recharge since your pack voltage would be at 50%, (the best time to recharge,) but... and I mean but... you should still have power to go until they reach around 11.66 or 20% left/80% discharge... 46.63 pack voltage.

So are you saying that you have No Power when you're at 48.4 pack voltage?

What is your charged pack voltage like I asked before... after those 2 hours?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car