lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
dsk
Not Yet Wild

Default Random Battery Light/Dead Cart

I have a club car precedent with 4x12 battery set up. My battery light randomly flashes on and off when in use. It will come on when I step on the brake. It has been doing this for about a month now I have issues with cart running fine and then will not go at all when I step on the peddle after a minute or two the cart will go again and run fine. Just replaced one battery that was measuring at 9 volts and now all batterys are above 12 volts and together measure at 48.07.
dsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Random Battery Light/Dead Cart

48.07 is not a good battery voltage i beleive thats approx 50% dead than figure when you step on pedal and put a load on them its even worse so 1st thing is find out whats going on with voltage........check all the cells with a hydrometer and then load test all batteries......you may find you need another battery or maybe even the rest of the set...........check all cable connections you want them good and tight and clean...............if you find a problem with batteries and get that corrected it may also take care of the sometimes not going issue also..................post what you find..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Random Battery Light/Dead Cart

50.9v is a full charge. Read at least 12 hours after charge ends. This is a 'settled' (retained) voltage reading.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car