lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
css
Not Yet Wild

Default Replace one battery or all?

Have one bad battery out of four 12 volts in 06 ds what's everyone take on replacing one or all? Replaced 1 in an old ezego one time and made out fine but would like to know what a lot of you guys do or think. Thanks
css is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replace one battery or all?

It is typically not a good idea to only replace one battery. If you must, however, try finding a used one that's about the same age and condition as the rest of the pack. I did this two winters ago, and my pack is still going strong.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #3
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm not a battery guru but....

From what I understand (from the battery gurus), what you do depends a lot on the age and health of the remaining 3 batteries. If they are 4+ years old and won't take a full charge, then I'd replace all of them.

If the rest of the pack are fairly new and strong, I'd only replace the one. Keep in mind that the new battery will soon be brought down to the condition of the old pack.

And there is the school of thought that will always recommend going to a 6-8 volt system for run time, yada, yada, yada.

Hope this helps.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I changed one with a used one and then would lose another in two weeks. This happened 3 times and I bought new. Best move I made.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car