lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #21
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: So is it really worth the cost to go fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Whew... I'm telling Kathy you said that!
She is aware of her weight, but if you want to rub it in her face I would recommend personal body armour. Just sayin'.........LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #22
ridepate
Not Yet Wild

So I've slept on it for a day or two more. Gonna call Scotty this week and maybe Amp it up some and give it a try.....
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #23
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had to upgrade my cart here to go at lease 25mph to be allowed to get it on the surface streets here where I live.
It is a City Ordinance that any electric vehicle MUST attain the 25mph speed limit, or, not get it on the surface streets.
They MUST pass every Legal Inspection and have Insurance on it also

So I installed a PQ motor on one cart, and a EMP motor on the other and bost with the larger tires will get up to and beyond the 25mph.....I did not have to replace any controller or wiring harness to accomplish this.......Our streets are flat and clean, all paved or black top and both carts are 48 volt and last all day as long as you are not at full throttle all the time.

I honestly have no idea how long the batteries will last, but, I have been using the red cart daily at the camp to run the roads and hit the Cypremort Point State Park where we go crabbing and fishing from the pier and they last a few days, that is when I forget to drag the charger , hahaha

Forgot to mention, the PQ motor outright was $399 the EMP Motor was $425, both from the local shop here and the EMP Motor runs flat out on radar at 29.8mph, and the PQ motor runs 28mph on radar, so, they are about equal to me, and they do not get hot with the stock controllers
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #24
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's all according to what you like. Everybody is different. I've attached a youtube link to the fastest cart I've ever built. I built it for a forum member Kelly_G 3 years ago or so and it's still running good to this day. Alltrax SPM 700Amp controller, Heavy duty solenoid and reversing contactor (Series conversion) 72 volt system (Six 12Vs) 2/0 welding cable, 6:1 gears and a Plum Quick drag racing motor..... enjoy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsCo...ature=youtu.be
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #25
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I know some will take offense to my question, BUT IT IS AN HONEST QUESTION. Why do it?
You know you got to half way expect it when you come into an electric cart forum and start bad mouthing them. Looking back over your posts a lot of them don't have good things to say about electric carts. Plus you don't know anything about how much money anybody has and how much they can afford to spend.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #26
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's all according to what you like. Everybody is different. I've attached a youtube link to the fastest cart I've ever built. I built it for a forum member Kelly_G 3 years ago or so and it's still running good to this day. Alltrax SPM 700Amp controller, Heavy duty solenoid and reversing contactor (Series conversion) 72 volt system (Six 12Vs) 2/0 welding cable, 6:1 gears and a Plum Quick drag racing motor..... enjoy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsCo...ature=youtu.be
Whew, that's spooky fast...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #27
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Fast = $$$. Doesn't matter what it is or what it's powered by.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:06 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yep. He's got two motors for it. One is a D&D high torque motor, which tops out at only 42 MPH. He usually keeps that one installed and not the PQ racing motor. He said he only puts the racing motor on when his E-Z-GO friends start wanting to race. lol. When I did the install for him, I put the torque motor on it and took it out onto the open road. I got my foot in it one good time and got it up to 35MPH on GPS and it was still pulling hard. Let go of the pedal and called him. I simply told him to come get it, it's done. He asked me how fast it went and I told him I had no idea. lol
Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #29
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Here's another one with one of his friends driving it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_L5XtCpilE
Old 11-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #30
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the only goal was to get from point A to point B, then we would all be driving a Prius.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car