lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
S&W40
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Identify EZ Go Textron Cart

All,

Need assistance with IDing a cart that was given to me this last week. I will try and post pics later, photobucket account is not playing nice.

Data plate has EZ-GO Textron serial number 11834, when checking the EZ Go site it says that it is a 1993 Electric XI835 Marathon. When searching for the model number I can not find any info. This is a 4 wheel, 2 seater just like described in their ref page.

I am looking for wiring diagrams, eveything I see has all the main power wires but no auxilery items (lights, horn...). This cart has several wires hanging that have either not been mounted (ends still good) or have been pulled out (ends FUBAR'd) and I can not ID what they go to from the diagrams or what looks like would be missing a wire. Looks like some wiring has been replaced with any color that could be found. At this time it has been sitting for over a year and not charged (charger not working) so I am pairing 2 6V batteries together and using my 12v charger to see if they might still hold enough charge to see if it works or what may need fixed prior to new batteries. So far I have all 3 sets of 2 batteries holding about 10v over night Today turned the key placed in FWD and only had some clicking/humming but no movement, one good sign that it does power.....
S&W40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
S&W40
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default (Pics Added) Identify EZ Go Textron Cart

Just got them.

http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l488/SW40/
Old 07-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
S&W40
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Identify EZ Go Textron Cart

Been absent for a few months, new job so time to get back on the cart for the wife and daughters...

Still trying to find wiring diagrams that match what I have, this is a Spirit model but in pics I have a seloniod mounted under the seat on the drivers side that I can not figure out what it is for.... I have the batteries at 30+vdc, two are bad but should work to TS off the ground

Anyone near SAV/RH GA with a Spirit that would not mind me looking at your cart???
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
S&W40
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I noticed late last night that the data plate says EZGO Textron Remanufactured with the serial number 11834 that when check on the EZGO site says that it is a 1993 IX835 Marathon... Did they reman some with different serial numbers since this does not match with what I have read about the two digits being the year??
Old 07-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W40 View Post
Been absent for a few months, new job so time to get back on the cart for the wife and daughters...

Still trying to find wiring diagrams that match what I have, this is a Spirit model but in pics I have a seloniod mounted under the seat on the drivers side that I can not figure out what it is for.... I have the batteries at 30+vdc, two are bad but should work to TS off the ground

Anyone near SAV/RH GA with a Spirit that would not mind me looking at your cart???
first, you can use any wiring diagram that is for the E-Z-GO Marathon with the remote mounted coil pack (coil pack is mounted behind the D/S battery compartment).

second, that solenoid in your pics is what was called a "Shunt" . If you look, the 2 black wires from the large posts are run directly to the S1 and S2 posts of the motor. They were designed to act as a "nitro" for golf cars. There are multiple problems with this setup...... #1 most people that had them never used them in the right manner and ended up burning out their motor. #2 Most of the time they were not installed correctly (as is the case in your cart where they ran FAR too small of wiring on it). Bottom line, you can safely remove it and any associated wiring to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W40 View Post
I noticed late last night that the data plate says EZGO Textron Remanufactured with the serial number 11834 that when check on the EZGO site says that it is a 1993 IX835 Marathon... Did they reman some with different serial numbers since this does not match with what I have read about the two digits being the year??
Honestly, I have never heard of E-Z-GO doing factory Remans (and relabeling them as Remans....) but that cart pre-dates my employment with the company so I can't be certain
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

This pic may be a fit for your Spirit....very nice cars "back in the day."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo_resistorcoils.jpg (202.2 KB, 18 views)
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
S&W40
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Guys, thanks. I had looked at one post about testing the motor but the A and F terminals did not match what mine have (A and S), your PM'd diagram is spot on. I had disconnected the "shunt" and found that I had a wire to one of the micro switches not hooked, attached and now I have a backup alarm but still no motor movement. I will try your test with the wheels off the ground, already checked for the continuity between all post and ground checked good. Hoping that I just have a bad seloniod and couple batteries, seloniod humms (not clicking) when key on in gear (either) and pedal pressed.

Thanks again, will post again later....
Old 07-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
S&W40
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Rechecked continuity and do have between two post and case of motor.... How do you take these off the axel? Looking to see if anyone local can rebuild for little money
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your best bet would be to contact Plum Quick about rebuilding it for you.... As for removing it, there should be a couple of bolts holding it on place.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO