lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #21
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stock vs. Logisystems controller wiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
At this time FSIP is not accepting Logisystems controllers for repair.

1fastbuggy called me this am and explained that he was again having trouble with his LGS control and he had called FSIP but they told him they had never heard of Logisystems....

I called them and asked if I could have a customer send one in and have them take a look at it... after some discussion, they agreed to take it and investigate.

This is not an open door policy yet.
I am waiting to hear from FSIP once they assess the control from 1fastbuggy....

I'm sure he didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag, but again they are not saying they will or can repair Logisystems controllers at this time, we are simply sending them one to look at...... lets just wait a few days and see what they say.
That is understandable. I worked for a company repairing electronics before and you have to be careful you don't get into something that you cannot properly repair or get parts for. I have been doing some reading and the conclusion I have come to is what I thought all along. These controllers are not really all that complicated (at least the Series ones), and the big price tag for controllers that handle 500 amps instead of 300 is mainly due to adding a few cheap mosfet power transistors and resistors. Tricking a stock 36 volt controller into NOT shutting down with 48 volts may take more tweaking but I think I am going to start taking one of these things apart soon for some frankenstein action. I read one guys step by step upgrading a 275 amp Curtis to 550 amps for use in a EV. It was tedious but not rocket science.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO