lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did I burn up?

You want to check the switch You will have positive 36v on one of the two (red or green) until the switch is activated by the gas peddle and then you should have power on both.......

The black and white wires on ITS are not involved in this test.

It's a good question, that needs to be answered. What did you do with the original receptacle? If it is still intact and you have not relocated the small red wire (at the back of the receptacle) as instructed in my directions now would be a good time to check the condition of the reed switch. If there is no 36v positive power at the red wire then the cart will not run. It is possible the reed switch in the receptacle has burnt up. If this is the case simply reroute the red wire to the battery pack 36v positive terminal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You want to check the switch You will have positive 36v on one of the two (red or green) until the switch is activated by the gas peddle and then you should have power on both.......

The black and white wires on ITS are not involved in this test.

It's a good question, that needs to be answered. What did you do with the original receptacle? If it is still intact and you have not relocated the small red wire (at the back of the receptacle) as instructed in my directions now would be a good time to check the condition of the reed switch. If there is no 36v positive power at the red wire then the cart will not run. It is possible the reed switch in the receptacle has burnt up. If this is the case simply reroute the red wire to the battery pack 36v positive terminal.
It turns out when I ran a jumper this time from the pos battery terminal to the solenoid smaller red terminal my light came on the controller, I hit the pedal & cart started to go. However there was one loose wire on one of the battery terminals and it went to sparking. So I disconnected the battery terminals as I got to work on the battery frame anyway. For some reason though I am not getting the Reverse signal, and the switch located in the dash will not engage the controller when that switch is turned on. I have had this problem before. Ran a whole new wire that time, but that should not be the problem this time. Another forum member had the same problem with that green wire not engaging the controller. Any ideas?
turkeyshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

Question Re: What did I burn up?

I also disconnected that white wire coming from the charger port, is that what your calling the wire to the reed switch? Not sure what a reed switch is.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyshooter View Post
I also disconnected that white wire coming from the charger port, is that what your calling the wire to the reed switch? Not sure what a reed switch is.
This is the source of your trouble...... I stated this wire must be connected to 36v positive in the charger install instructions and again in the post above?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #15
turkeyshooter
Getting Wild

I got it Scotty, that white wire in the charger port was loose. That in combination with the one loose battery cable must have been the problem. Gave everything a good cleaning, tightened up all the cables and once I hooked that white wire back up to the pos battery terminal the switch now turns on the controller and all is well. Hopefully that was also the reason the system was not fully charging. Thanks for your help. Turkeyshooter.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No problem, I'm glad to hear you got it... knew that had to be the problem area.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #17
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

scotty, you are SO patient! not sure how many of us are.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No problem, I'm glad to hear you got it... knew that had to be the problem area.
Ditto
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO