lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Micro Switch

Need Pictures of a 1991 EZGO Marathon Forward & Reverse Switch (2 Micro switches) Need to see how to colored wires hook up.

Anyone have any Pics from Their cart I could see.

Needs to be a speed Controller Cart.

Thanks,

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Micro Switch

Mine is a 93 with 3 micro switches, not sure why some have 2 and some have 3. The 3rd switch could just be for the reverse beeper.

Shon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-09-10 07.39.48.jpg (186.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-09-17 11.05.20.jpg (129.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-09-17 11.05.37.jpg (152.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Gonkulor; 03-31-2012 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: 3 switches
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss

That's Perfect.

I think I can Put the The Thick White Wire from the Double micro switch on the same micro switch as the black wire from the controller. I only have 2 Micro switches so I should be able to put all 3 wires on one.

Dont you Think?

Thank You Soooooo Much,

Matt :)
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here's a schematic of a Controller type Marathon with the 3 microswitches on the FR assembly and the throttle circuit highlighted in Purple.

I'm highly suspicious of the accuracy of the artwork in the throttle circuit because, as drawn, the microswitch shorts across the potentiometer, leaving only the fixed resistor to tell the controller how far to turn on.

I think it is the fixed resister that is supposed to be bypassed by the microswitch, thereby reducing the cart's speed while in reverse.

I'm not familiar with the operation of a stock Controller type Marathon, but there is the possibility that it had a single speed reverse that didn't change no matter how hard you pushed the pedal.
If that is the case, the artwork is correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marathon - Controller Schematic - Throttle traced.jpg (124.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmia96 View Post
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss

That's Perfect.

I think I can Put the The Thick White Wire from the Double micro switch on the same micro switch as the black wire from the controller. I only have 2 Micro switches so I should be able to put all 3 wires on one.

Dont you Think?

Thank You Soooooo Much,

Matt :)
I'd be careful there, you might be cross-wiring three different circuits and might get some undesired results.

1. The microswitch that has continuity when F/R switch is in either F or R is part of the solenoid activation circuit.
2. The microswitch that has continuity on in R, controls the reverse beeper.
3. The microswitch you don't have on your later model F/R assembly, is the one in the Pot Box circuit. You need to locate the two wires coming from the Pot Box (Throttle potentiometer) and either not connect them to anything, or connect the together.

I don't know which way will give you full speed, so you'll probably have to try it both ways.
I'm not sure I'd be able to figure out which way to do it even if I had your cart in my garage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got it Running!!!!!!

All I had to do Was Hook the 2 Microswitches Together. The problem was that only one of the micro switches was working because it was not getting voltage from the other micro switch. What I also did was what Johnnie B Mentioned above. I found the 2 wires coming from the Pot Box that go to the Micro Switches (They Reduce the Reverse Speed) I left them Unplugged. I did not want to buy another $100 Dollar F&R Switch so I used the Parts that I had from my other Switches Combined them and I made my Own Rebuilt Switch. Now it Halls A$$ in Forward and Rverse. I also have no more Temperature Problems. Before with my Other switch the wires on the F&R Switch and Motor would be Smoking hot. Now after an Hour of Driving everything is Cold. Out of the years I have been driving this cart it has never gone so fast and had so much torque Than Today. Everyone thought a 32V Golf Cart Was Crazy. Not Really. I also didnt have reverse for Years....Now I Do.

Runs Perfect,

Thanks Everyone,

Matt
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
panelbeatr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Here's a schematic of a Controller type Marathon with the 3 microswitches on the FR assembly and the throttle circuit highlighted in Purple.

I'm highly suspicious of the accuracy of the artwork in the throttle circuit because, as drawn, the microswitch shorts across the potentiometer, leaving only the fixed resistor to tell the controller how far to turn on.

I think it is the fixed resister that is supposed to be bypassed by the microswitch, thereby reducing the cart's speed while in reverse.

I'm not familiar with the operation of a stock Controller type Marathon, but there is the possibility that it had a single speed reverse that didn't change no matter how hard you pushed the pedal.
If that is the case, the artwork is correct.
I do believe the cart does have a very low limit to the rearward speed because of that resistor. It also has a safety feature that disables the cart from lurching forward if the pedal is depressed significantly before key switch is turned on. To override this all you have to do is to release the pedal and reapply it.
panelbeatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pictures
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO