lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
beachboybuggy
Not Yet Wild

Default controller advise

Speed Controller upgrade. In my last post I asked about motor overheating. I upgraded all 6g to 4g and upgrade to heavy duty top post cable ends. Looks like it time to change the speed controller. Need advise to want kind and size controller. Carts is a 97 ezgo txt 36v w/ lift and 22x11x8. I would like to replace ASAP so any advise is very appreciated.
beachboybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: controller advise

Advice - pay someone to do it!! Read through my thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-working.html

It's an F'in NIGHTMARE!!
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

To the contrary. I help many people upgrade their carts each year with out the trouble Dela is having.

I just need to know what drive system you have and what your performance expectations are in order to suggest the right easy to install combination. My directions and diagrams will have you up and running in 2 hours tops.

Reviews like this don't happen by accident...

Scotty,

You rock !!! Got my part and the good instructions that you sent with it. Had a question so I picked up the phone and called you and you helped me. Thats great customer service. Got the new controller put in my PDS and its flying around. The cart wasn't working when I bought it so I was happy to see this controller resurrect it.

And more .. you shouldn't be having any trouble with a simple controller swap. Of course there is always the possibility of an exception..... I just don't want you to think the trouble depicted in the thread link above is typical.
Shoot me an email with the info about your cart. cartsunlimited@hughes.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
beachboybuggy
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: controller advise

Thank you both for taking time to help..
The motor is an advanced Motor & drives part # 73445GO2. AU 2500 FLT speed Date on motor is 09. Looked it up on shopezgo.com. It looks to be the stock controller with a new solenoid.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboybuggy View Post
The motor is an advanced Motor & drives part # 73445GO2. AU 2500 FLT speed Date on motor is 09. Looked it up on shopezgo.com. It looks to be the stock controller with a new solenoid.
That's a stock set up... good for 2 guys playing golf Shoot me an email with the info I asked for and I will give you some suggestions...
Scotty
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
beachboybuggy
Not Yet Wild

I would like to make into hunting buggy. It preforms great til everything heats up. Other than motor what other information do you need on DRIVE SYSTEM??
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboybuggy View Post
If scottyb walks his customers through the install it is worth it to by direct from him. Trust me
Old 04-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Advice - pay someone to do it!! Read through my thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-working.html

It's an F'in NIGHTMARE!!
If your buggy works before the upgrade, and you pay attention to what goes where, you'll do just fine. I tore everything apart and upgraded from 36 volt to 48 volt, moved my upgraded solenoid and controller to make room for two additional batteries under the seat, modified and upgraded the FNR, and she powered up the first try.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Bragger.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
If scottyb walks his customers through the install it is worth it to by direct from him. Trust me
If you want clean fresh oats, you've gotta pay the price.
If you don't mind that they've been through a horse once, that's cheaper.

Example: The solenoids Scottyb sells in his upgrade kits, don't require the original ring terminals to be replace with push on terminals, so they are Plug-N-Play electrically.

I'm not saying that changing the terminals is what is causing your problems, but it is a contributing factor to the confusion and uncertainty associated with treading in new territory.

I'm also not saying Scotty's stuff is more expensive, only that he sells clean fresh oats.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO