lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #31
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Directional Signal upgrade

My nightmare was buy a deluxe light kit and a turn signal kit that do not play well with each other.

The light kit only has 2 wires in the harness going back to the taillights and there is not connector for the turn signals to plug into.

The turn signal kit has wires coming through the floorboard and stops, you have to splice wire into where you need to go.

So basically I had to take the harness apart and wire up the turn signals. Thought this would be simple but no...

Sorry for the hi-jack, back to our normally scheduled thread
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #32
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
My nightmare was buy a deluxe light kit and a turn signal kit that do not play well with each other.

The light kit only has 2 wires in the harness going back to the taillights and there is not connector for the turn signals to plug into.

The turn signal kit has wires coming through the floorboard and stops, you have to splice wire into where you need to go.

So basically I had to take the harness apart and wire up the turn signals. Thought this would be simple but no...

Sorry for the hi-jack, back to our normally scheduled thread

I feel your pain.... LOL
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #33
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
There should be a black and white wire that looks like it plugs into the brake pedal. that should activate the brake lights. You don't need to crawl under the cart to see it. kneel beside the cart on the driver's side and look at the brake pedal. There should be two wires (black and white) that plug into the micro switch. If you have a volt meter there should be 12v on one of them, can't remember which right now, but one should have 12v.
Do you know what wires to plug from the pedal to the harness? I have a brown and Red from the harness under the wheel well area and the pedal switch has a black and white? No directions came with the new pedal.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #34
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On my cart it is black to red and white to brown.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #35
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
On my cart it is black to red and white to brown.
Thanks!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #36
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If that connection gets the brake lights to work, remember some of the connections at the tail lights have to be swapped to get the turn signals to work. Refer to Dela's 3/18 post.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #37
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Try this - the rear lights need to be rewired to get flasher to work

http://goo.gl/VV99I
Stuck again guys, need help. I had to take the body off and all the wires for tail/brake and front signals. I have looked and most the post tell you what to unplug and plug, I need to know where all the wires plug in the rear out of harness I have the following
RR- black yellow brown blue the lights have red white brown
LR- brown black blue white lights have read white brown.
FR- I am hooked to the black and red from harness
FL - I am hooked to the black and green from harness

The switch is hooked up via harness plug and diagram
Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #38
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flharleycop View Post
Stuck again guys, need help. I had to take the body off and all the wires for tail/brake and front signals. I have looked and most the post tell you what to unplug and plug, I need to know where all the wires plug in the rear out of harness I have the following
RR- black yellow brown blue the lights have red white brown
LR- brown black blue white lights have read white brown.
FR- I am hooked to the black and red from harness
FL - I am hooked to the black and green from harness

The switch is hooked up via harness plug and diagram
GREAT I now have working lights all of them Thanks guys! I guess that will take care of this thread, on to the next issue….
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #39
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got mine wired yesterday and got some weird thing happening. I had the harness on the ground first and hooked up and blinkers, lights, brake lights and E-flashers all worked. Get it in the cart and all works "except" the blinkers. The flashers work but no blinkers.

I did notice on the signal box on the wheel, the light does not come on for the left signal unless I wiggle the arm on it. Maybe I will open the box and see what is happening in there.

I got the company to take back the first harness kit that I bought with turn signals since... the harness was not wired for turn signals and the new kit ROCKED except... there were no directions for wiring the turn signals. Luckily I had not boxed up the other to return and used those directions for a guide.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO