lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
brownleaf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: advice on speed of my cart. getting 15mph was hoping for 20..

I downloaded the info(dcx controller) from the Alltrax website, hooked up the cable from computer to controller and program it, really can`t remember the exact settings.
brownleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax.com
They have the free software download and you can get the cable at radioshack or any computer store.
Alltrax also has a nice tutorial on what each adjustment does.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby44 View Post
Yes, all 10 cables are 4 gauge. I am going to go to 2 gauge. I have a friend that works in a coal mine and he is getting me 25' of 2/0 cable.
AWG 2/0 is not the same as AWG 2. In fact it is three gauges bigger. (1 Ga and 1/0 Ga are between them)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

so you are telling me i need welding cable? how do i know the difference between them? will it say on the outside of cable.. I want to make sure my friend is getting the correct cable?
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The welding cable I bought was labeled and sold as such. I believe it to be a classification/specification deal regulated by some ancient Amish Board of Review.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby44 View Post
so you are telling me i need welding cable? how do i know the difference between them? will it say on the outside of cable.. I want to make sure my friend is getting the correct cable?
You do need welding cable, but that wasn't I was saying.

You said "I am going to go to 2 gauge. I have a friend that works in a coal mine and he is getting me 25' of 2/0 cable."
The items highlighted in blue are not the same size.

The AWG (American Wire Gauge) progression of wire size, from smaller to larger, goes like this: (The sizes highlighted above are also highlighted below)
0 (aka 1/0)
00 (aka 2/0)
000 (aka 3/0)
0000 (aka 4/0)

------------
Cables used for electrical power distribution in the mine isn't suitable.
Cables used within battery powered mining machinery may be.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I managed several mining projects with tunnel boring machines. The biggest had a substation above ground and another on the machine. It had a 3 mile long "extension cord". Though it was flexible enough, and had to resist all the hydraulic oils, since it was medium voltage, it wouldn't really be suitable.

It was fun trying to get a building permit for the machine. When asked for an address, I told them it would move 100' every day, three miles total. What address do you want?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

As to welding cable, it's preferred due to high strand count - meaning it's very flexible - and it's insulation is also very flexible and resistant to oils and abrasion, since welding cables are often strung out where they can be exposed to oils, and people can step on them, so they're tough.

As JohnnyB mentioned, power distribution cable is often low stranded, stiff, and isn't usually exposed to the kind of abuse of welding cable, so it's insulation is stiffer, and not meant to take the same abuse.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #19
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I did ended up checking the speed with a gps after checking it with a vehicle.. It was spot on... I am getting about 18-19mph with the set up I have.. I am happy with that.. My batts are 6 yrs old.. Last Saturday I played 42 hole of golf and was just starting to get down to 2 bars on the volt meter.. When these Batts. finally die. I am going to go to 42 volts, keep everything under the seat and be happy... thanks to all for the advice..
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO