lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 42v cart anyone?

all,

i was talking to a cart expert about my 2005 36v TXT and he told me i could get more speed and power by just adding another battery (thus bringing it to 42v). he indicated the only thing i would need to change would be to a 42v charger. was he spinning a yarn or is there some legitimacy to this? if there is, why don't more people do this then?

tia.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 42v cart anyone?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...onversion.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks scottyb. would i need to upgrade to a 400a controller, HD F&R switch & solenoid, and 2ga or 4ga cables also? thanks.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
all,

i was talking to a cart expert about my 2005 36v TXT and he told me i could get more speed and power by just adding another battery (thus bringing it to 42v). he indicated the only thing i would need to change would be to a 42v charger. was he spinning a yarn or is there some legitimacy to this? if there is, why don't more people do this then?

tia.

shrp
You've got a series cart, so the results won't be quit the same, but you will get more torque and more speed and more run-time.

The cart expert you spoke to might have been a little optimistic by saying the charger is all that needs to be changed.
It depends on what controller and solenoid is currently in the cart. If they can handle 42V, great. If not, they will have to be changed.
If the F/R switch and cables are in good shape, they will be okay, but from what I've read in the other thread, they need to be upgraded just to run on 36V.

After reading about what Scotty did to his wife's 2008 PDS, I decided to go the same route, or at least almost.

My goal was distance, so speed and torque were secondary considerations.
I went with stock height tires (18.3" MTD) and 245AH batteries.
Here is the link to what I'm doing. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...per-build.html
Unfortunately, due to some medical and weather issues, it isn't done yet, but all the parts are here, but Ill be terrorizing the neighbors in their Club Cars if it every warns up around here.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO