lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I need your help on how to indentify how tell what is positive or negative

cooler scooter 2.jpg

colorscooter.jpg

this isn't an EZGO, but it is electric
I help produce an outdoor radio show in St. louis Mo. on most Saturdays, except hunting season

The station has been cleaning up, and this cooler scooter has been sitting for 2 years, I put a new circut breaker in it this afternoon, and it started-
it is a 24 volt system like my mobility scooter

I have a picture of the external plug

what is the best and safest way to tell which is positive and negative

hey it cost me $20 bucks and I had the circut breaker from my trolling motor

any suggestions?
thanks guys- I am getting a newer scooter, He hasn't finished it yet- I am trading a shotgun for a working scooter-

Every easter My son and I go to the St. Louis Horseless carriage car show at Forrest park in st. louis- it is a giant- My wife asked me why I don't take my bad boy buggy? it gets real crowded in the hotrod section,lot of people lot of expensive cars
If I can charge this, I will take it!!!!

Last edited by csport; 03-25-2013 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: forgot
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Framingf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need your help on how to indentify how tell what is positive or negative

DC Volt meter. $10 for what u need one for.
Framingf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: I need your help on how to indentify how tell what is positive or negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framingf View Post
DC Volt meter. $10 for what u need one for.
Yep, positive lead from DMM/DVM to positive on battery pack negative on one of the prongs on that 3 prong connector. Continue to move the negative to each prong until you have read out on the display showing the correct polarity.

Then repeat with the negative lead on the battery pack and the positive lead on each prong.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Try to find the manufacturer and Google for info. If you have three prongs, it may be a little more complicated.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The charger built in?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry guys_ I was excited, when I threw out a really low number and they took it-
I lifter the inspection cover, and looked at the back of the Plug- One wire is red and the other is black LOL

Sorry I was and stuill am excited- I got a battery charger on it now- I think sitting for two years the battery is not very good

I can get the cart to move but not far before the low light comes on
thanks guys will get better photos of the Mini me scooter
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO