lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default To Rivit or not

I am putting my body back on today, I want to have the option of easy removal just in case. It was a PIA to drill off the rivets and then try to buy replacement to put it together (still waiting for them in the mail). I was wondering if any of you use either rubber fender well bushings to attach the body or anything other than the rivets? I don’t have the patients for the rivets I ordered to get here.

K
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: To Rivit or not

Maybe try some pan head self tapping screws?
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo used rivets because they are quick and easy to in stall and remove.
Like any fastener you need the right tools for the job. I suggest a pneumatic riveter from harbor freight and cordless drill with a 3/16ths bit for the job.

Some people have used srews or ? because they wanted to be able to remove the body easily but drilling out some aluminum rivets is fast and easy . Not sure the screws or rubber fasteners will really do the job as well.

A little patience may go a long way.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
flharleycop
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Ezgo used rivets because they are quick and easy to in stall and remove.
Like any fastener you need the right tools for the job. I suggest a pneumatic riveter from harbor freight and cordless drill with a 3/16ths bit for the job.

Some people have used srews or ? because they wanted to be able to remove the body easily but drilling out some aluminum rivets is fast and easy . Not sure the screws or rubber fasteners will really do the job as well.

A little patience may go a long way.
Thanks it's just a pain ordering the rivets from EZGO and waiting. I can only find 3/16 rivets at Home Depot locally and the don't have the larger head.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Some guys have used various alternative fasteners but I haven't seen anything that works as good as the factory rivets.... Some of the rivets may be specialty items.

Patience man Patience!

Everybody else order your body rivet kit before dis-assembly
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Rivets... If you ordered from EZ-Go they are usually pretty fast. If I order something from them before 2PM there is a FedEx box on my porch the next afternoon. If you ordered the body rivet kit, be warned, the SS rivets that are used to attach the body on the sides need a 1/4 inch rivet gun. Everything else is 3/16.. Like scottyb said, if you are going to do this much go buy the pneumatic rivet gun and you will thank yourself later..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO