lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PDS Wasn't responding to peddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeblance View Post
JohnnieB,

Yes it has the lift and taller tires.
I just put $1k into it with batteries, tray ad cables. I told my wife it would be good to go after that.... AHHH!!!

Can I just go with another ezgo controller?

Who has the best deal on DCX400?
A PDS cart is designed to carry two golfers and their clubs over groomed trails on 18" tall tires for about 36 short trips of about 300 yards each with a few minutes rest between each trip, on a single battery charge. To do more than that, the cart's drive system needs to be upgraded.

Installing tires taller than 18" changed the final drive ratio, thereby increasing the workload on the motor, controller, solenoid, cables, batteries and other parts of the drive system. You've recently replaced the batteries and cables, so they should be okay. The stock motor and mechanical parts of the drive train are fairly strong and can usually handle taller tires up to 22". That leaves the controller and solenoid as the weak links.

If by "ezgo controller" you mean another stock PDS (Curtis 1206MX - 300A) controller, yes you can do it, but the new one will be just as overstressed as the old one and may not last very long.

An Alltrax DCX400PDS will provide the amps needed to turn the tall tires and it doesn't limit the motor to a maximum of 4,400 RPM like a stock PDS controller does, so the top speed will increase also. The stock solenoid is only an 85A unit, so it needs to be upgraded also.

Scottyb at Carts Unlimited sell controller/solenoid kits at a reasonable prices.
Check out the #808 kit: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PDS Wasn't responding to peddle

JohnnieB,

Yea, I understand all of that. Just didn't want to dive into replacing/upgrading the controller.
But looks like I'll have to. Time to start saving!
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO