lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Custom Club Car deal fell apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilito View Post
Looks like I am not gonna get that super nice custom yellow cart.

So now I want a cart.

Today I passed by a cart repair place and spoke to a mechanic there, he said EZ GO carts are easier to work on then Club Cars, but club cars have better suspension systems and ride smoother

Comments anyone........

If I get one I do not want to have a plain Jane cart like the ones on golf courses I want it to look cool
Club Cars are Da Bomb! CC uses aluminum frames (no rust) and I think they are easy to work on. I replaced all of my electronics, motor, suspension parts and added extras with no problems. I think the look better as well. Get a CC and don't look back!

Take a ride up to the Melbourne area and you will find lots of cool carts for decent prices. You could rent a trailer and drive it back.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Club Cars are Da Bomb! CC uses aluminum frames (no rust) and I think they are easy to work on. I replaced all of my electronics, motor, suspension parts and added extras with no problems. I think the look better as well. Get a CC and don't look back!

Take a ride up to the Melbourne area and you will find lots of cool carts for decent prices. You could rent a trailer and drive it back.
I was thinking the same thing, the big cart areas upstate are around the villages and the Lake Mary areas.
I have a small trailer, a 4 x 6 and guess I need to make it a 4 x 8 to fit a cart. Time for a road trip anyway.
I had a swap setup for my 1991 Boston Whaler for that cart, I wanted the cart and 1K, but I let the guy bargain me down to 500 and I know the boat is worth much more them the cart, but I really wanted that cart, and then his father got involved and as they say, got up into my face and wanted to make it an even swap.
Hey there comes a time when you just gotta draw a line and I told them to shove off, that I no longer wanted his cart.
They got all huffy and left and went back to Hialeah with the cart, We took the boat out the next day and went fishing, did the right thing, that Boat is a blast.
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

no rust is very good but im finding out that aluminum has it draw backs too......

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...me-issues.html
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Budule
Your cart was used or abused over a 25 yr time period. The same year EZ GO would have just as mush issue. You can not make a hasty generalization about CC carts and aluminum frames just because your CC cart frame has seemingly more issue than another CC cart. Aluminum vs. steel frame is just different with different maint and fixing methods.
Bilito,
Ford/Chevy. Buy what you think you like for the reasons you think are important. YOUR research will determine what you do. Both platforms are good, and don't forget about Yamaha.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
no rust is very good but im finding out that aluminum has it draw backs too......

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...me-issues.html
88 as in 1988? That cart is over 20 years old, probably the only thing left is the frame!

Seriously, you have a point, but the modern CCs with the aluminum frames are holding up quite well. My '07 has zero issues and I drive it hard.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #16
dgcurtis
Getting Wild

Club Car

This is a CC forum so I think opinions may be biased. :)

I prefer CC because of the aluminum frame. It's lighter, doesn't rust, and tends to flex more than the steel framed e-z-go. I think the flex and suspension gives it a nicer ride.

Also, I CAN'T STAND the rivets that are everywhere on an e-z-go. For most people, they probably wouldn't care but if you're tearing down the body to get it painted, I hate removing the rivets and then putting them back on afterwards.
dgcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

IMO club car front ends r faulty it is very hard on parts tie rods, spindals and king pins. then also the bushings in the leaf springs seem to fall apart all the time but u got an aluminum frame which is great for the coast but steel bolts. really up to u go to a few dealerships and ride diffrent carts see what u like
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #18
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
Budule
Your cart was used or abused over a 25 yr time period. The same year EZ GO would have just as mush issue. You can not make a hasty generalization about CC carts and aluminum frames just because your CC cart frame has seemingly more issue than another CC cart. Aluminum vs. steel frame is just different with different maint and fixing methods.
Sorry if that came off "hasty".....but I don't want someone to think (as I kinda did) that "oh, it's a Club Car...therefore I do not now nor will I ever have a problem with the frame".......does it rust? no, but something happens to it as my battery tray is thin as paper in spots.....and it must be hard to weld as lots of the factory ones have broke in several spots.......do I wish mine had a steel frame?....well, yes....but just long enough for me to weld it, then switch it back to aluminum...... all I said was "aluminum has drawbacks too", and I stand by that statement....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Understood. No worries. They all have issues (just like cars, I guess). I had to rebuild the battery trays due to prior poor maintenance by previous owner(s). You can, too. I guess our carts (yours/mine) were just more used than others. ;)
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotter View Post
Understood. No worries. They all have issues (just like cars, I guess). I had to rebuild the battery trays due to prior poor maintenance by previous owner(s). You can, too. I guess our carts (yours/mine) were just more used than others. ;)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car